• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Ideal high level monsters in Remastered

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
1 month ago#11
Say what you will about the state of this site, there are not of a lot of communities where you'll get answers like this. You really did hit "go here, fight this, get this" and with lots of tips and justifications. Thanks for this, and for your guide.

I don't even know if I'll end up doing the superest of superbosses, but I think I'll aim for a couple of perfect monsters. It just sounds awesome.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV

FreshFeeling
3 weeks ago#12
This has ended up going really nicely. When I play it’s usually only an hour here-or-there and not a whole bunch of dedicated grinding for ages, but I’ve been working toward all my monsters (currently Thunder, Cotton, Suzaku and Sei) having these:

Fang
TailHit / Tail Swipe
StoneGas / Petrifying Gas
(some barrier skill - I picked different ones to make them distinctive)
Mighty Cyclone
Magnetic Storm
MagicHeal / Magical Heal
LifeRain / Rain of Life

So far it’s going great. I really just need to finish getting MightyCyclone for everyone. Tailoring the characters a tiny bit, I am keeping Kusanagi on Sei (I can’t bear to get rid of a unique move, plus it looks and sounds cool) and keeping Suzaku’s AoE as Heat Wave.

I haven’t been stressing too much about maxing out HP via absorbs except for what has happened incidentally. I guess I’ll see the consequences of that as things are finalized.

Thanks for all the good replies here. Strong monsters are super cool. In the course of getting these powers it’s always pretty amusing when someone randomly/briefly turns into a Razorback or something; gives you a sense of how far you’ve come.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."

FreshFeeling
3 weeks ago#13
Oh god. Great forms, excellent abilities…
and HP in the mid-600s all around.

Given I know the basic mechanics… does anyone have any general tips for building monster HP other than checklistin’ it?
What would your approach be?

User Info: SkankinGarbage

SkankinGarbage
3 weeks ago#14
FreshFeeling posted...
Oh god. Great forms, excellent abilities…
and HP in the mid-600s all around.

Given I know the basic mechanics… does anyone have any general tips for building monster HP other than checklistin’ it?
What would your approach be?

Just start from the beginning of the game and go ham absorbing everything you can. It helps to go to a variety of different places, at a variety of different times. Like, it's one thing to go to the Bio Lab...but it's another thing to go to the Bio Lab every time you think you've increased your Battle Rank, so that you can find new monsters to absorb. This is also part of why having multiple monsters is tough - you might remember something like "oh yeah, I already absorbed this monster/ability plenty of times"...but did you absorb them on Thunder? Or did Riki get all those absorbs? It becomes a real pain to keep track of.

One thing you could do in the future is make a list of enemies that have common absorbs that are pretty unique. Like, any Slime will give you Solvent (or Lysate, I think it's called in the Remaster?), but you're not getting that ability from a ton of different monsters like you would with Fang, Beak, etc. so it's a good monster to remember.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Ideal high level monsters in Remastered
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A