• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. How would you rebalance the Monsters

User Info: Davzz

Davzz
3 months ago#31
SkankinGarbage posted...
Unlike Mystics, who have a lot of the above things going for them as well

What do you believe Mystics have going for them if it wasn't for the unique ones like TimeLord / Mesarthim? I'm interested
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Behold, the man who fights with the fury of all those who were ever cucked before him."

User Info: SkankinGarbage

SkankinGarbage
3 months ago#32
Davzz posted...
What do you believe Mystics have going for them if it wasn't for the unique ones like TimeLord / Mesarthim? I'm interested

If you're doing a speedrun/low BR run, Mystics are by far the strongest race in the game. You can raise their stats high enough to do excellent damage in just a few fights, and if you know how to survive against the Devil Squid, you can get Tiger Rampage - their best skill - at literally any point. Monsters can get very strong, but most of them don't get access to great abilities until late game unless they start with good abilities to begin with. Also, since Tiger Rampage combos into itself, pairing Mystics makes them even stronger.

If I'm playing into late game with Mystics, they're honestly just there so that I have less characters to worry about. Give them light magic or griffith scratch/tiger rampage and that's pretty much all you have to do to make them endgame ready. But, Mystics' big issues don't come up in normal gameplay, imo; they only wind up being a big issue in the Remaster, if you take on the super final bosses...that big issue being, it's virtually impossible to raise their defense high enough that they can survive really strong attacks.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. How would you rebalance the Monsters
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A