• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: moebirdy7

moebirdy7
3 months ago#11
Well that’s dumb! I already did Emilias quest 😡😡😡 why make just one character be able to get it 😡
"I said no camels, those are five! Can't you count?!" -- Indiana Jones

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
3 months ago#12
I've gotten DSC dozens of times with other characters (in my case, it's usually been Liza or Fuse, since those are the ones I use most as Martial Artists), so you can absolutely get it with other characters. It can definitely a bit of a grind, but it may not be as bad as you think.

Like with Liza, you can easily get the three throw skills she has talent in through AirThrow, then that only leaves Slide, which you can learn via kick, so even though it will often take a while to learn, she can start trying for it from the moment you recruit her. There have been multiple times where I didn't even have to go out of my way to grind Slide for her, since I made her kick a lot during nothing-special normal encounters, and she eventually happened to learn it as I was progressing in the story or exploring around.

The same concept applies for other characters, just perhaps with different skills, due to varying talents. Lack of talent in a skill absolutely doesn't mean "impossible to get", it just means it will tend to take a more concentrated effort, and possibly a bit of grinding.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
3 months ago#13
Remember, all humans can get every martial art, every sword skill, every gun skill, and most spells; it's just that lack of talent in a martial/sword skill means that the odds are very low.

Normally, no human has talent in all four DSC skills, but [at least in the PS1 version] two of Emelia's costumes (limited to her story) let her use someone else's talent list (Pink Tiger gives Liza's list, Dancer gives Annie's list); as a result, she can have talent for almost every sword and martial skill in her story. The only four skills that none of the three have talent in are TurbidCurrent, LifeSprinkler, Tres Flores, and GoldHand.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Founder and owner of Dragonsoft since 1997.

User Info: moebirdy7

moebirdy7
3 months ago#14
Ok that’s good to know
"I said no camels, those are five! Can't you count?!" -- Indiana Jones

User Info: DJJ300

DJJ300
4 weeks ago#15
Whats with this "talent"bullcrap!? You can learn anything with anyone in this game,as far as the character race allows you too.This talent trend going around now its just that,a trend.The difference in learning something with one character from the next based on "talent",well,is there,but its not a game change or break thing either.
The most important thing here is knowing what techs spark which.NOT the character talent

Ajogamer
4 weeks ago#16
DJJ300 posted...
Whats with this "talent"bullcrap!? You can learn anything with anyone in this game,as far as the character race allows you too.This talent trend going around now its just that,a trend.The difference in learning something with one character from the next based on "talent",well,is there,but its not a game change or break thing either.
The most important thing here is knowing what techs spark which.NOT the character talent

Different people play the game in different ways. If you don't mind grinding a while, or are the sort who tends to go for all skills then yes, knowing who has talent in what doesn't matter much (though even going for all skills, it'd probably go much quicker on someone like Gen or Liza than on Annie). If you want to keep grinding to a minimum, or just want to have some sort of expectations of how long it may take for a specific character to learn a specific skill, then knowing a character's talents can be very useful.

Personally, I fall far more into the latter camp. I've probably put hundreds of hours into this game over the years, but I've never obtained every skill on a single character even once, and the majority of my scenario playthroughs take around 5-10 hours. So for me, knowing talent is extremely useful; it lets me figure out how I want to use each character, and know which skills are more worthwhile to go for on them. It's perfectly fine if you play differently or don't find talent info useful to your playstyle, but that doesn't make it any less relevant for the rest of us.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: SkankinGarbage

SkankinGarbage
4 weeks ago#17
Ajogamer posted...
Anyway, aside from that one example with Emilia, most other characters only have talent in 2 of the 4 skills, but there are a few with talent in 3 of 4. Far as the ones with talent in 3/4 DSC skills, those are the following:

In the Remaster, if you recruit Ren at INIT3 or INIT4, he starts out with Slide, one of the two DSC skills he lacks talent for. This effectively makes him a 3-of-4 character (Has talent for Collapse and Giant Swing, Slide already learned). It's probably one of the only good uses for Ren, who is pretty underwhelming besides.

Ajogamer
4 weeks ago#18
SkankinGarbage posted...
In the Remaster, if you recruit Ren at INIT3 or INIT4, he starts out with Slide, one of the two DSC skills he lacks talent for. This effectively makes him a 3-of-4 character (Has talent for Collapse and Giant Swing, Slide already learned). It's probably one of the only good uses for Ren, who is pretty underwhelming besides.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that detail (and think I only learned it in the first place due to you noting it in another topic); that's definitely good to note. I'd agree it's probably one of he best ways to use for Ren too, especially since he's only available as Fuse, who generally won't be lacking good character options.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A