• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: moebirdy7

moebirdy7
3 months ago#1
Who can learn it and what’s the best way to learn it?

I learned this awesome combo in Asellus’ quest Willow branch, triple Dragon, guided hand, ursine assault. It does like 11,000 hp! The problem was Asellus was the one who knew guided hand and you can only have her in her quest and Emelia‘s that I’m aware of so I’m trying to get someone else to learn the skill since I have all the other ones already, But I’m not having much luck learning it with the other martial artists! I’m doing Lutes quest right now if that mean
"I said no camels, those are five! Can't you count?!" -- Indiana Jones

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
3 months ago#2
I'm guessing you mean Guilded Hand? It's a fist move that can only be sparked via a few skills. The main ones are either basic punches, or if you learn it, Pressure Point.

moebirdy7
3 months ago#3
Yeah that much i know, i wanted to know if anybody who does martial arts learn it? I read somewhere that some characters spark skills depending on factors. Or maybe i was mistaken....

Also what is the best way to learn it because i have been using pressure point with Emilia a TON but have yet to spark it. And yes i have an open arts slot, i made sure of that.

Ajogamer
3 months ago#4
All humans are able to learn it, though you're correct that certain characters will have a better chance. What you're talking about is talent, which is basically, if they have talent, they'll be able to learn it at the normal chance, and if they don't, then it'll be a 1/256 chance.

Anyway, far as who has talent for Guilded Hand, it's Lute, Roufas, Fei-on, Doll, and Captain Hamilton, so not too many. Emelia should still be able to learn it if you're persistent, but it can certainly take a while.

User Info: SwordmasterAbel

SwordmasterAbel
3 months ago#5
I guess it's my turn to be "that guy"... The Martial Arts skill everyone is referring to is called, "Gilded Hand" (GoldHand in the original). lol

moebirdy7
3 months ago#6
Yeah sorry sorry “gilded hand” ;) I noticed they changed a bunch of names of stuff! They messed me up when I was using a strategy guide for stuff!

But thank you guys! I forgot about Fei-on! I just hate that you have to go through that stupid whale thing just to get him. I’ll keep at it!

Ajogamer
3 months ago#7
Oh yeah, looks like I messed up the name as well, heh.

But yeah, Fei-on would probably be my pick of those ones, too; probably one of the better martial artists outside of DSC use (since he only has talent for 2/4 of them). I agree havingto run through Tanzer to get him can be a bit of an annoyance, though.

moebirdy7
3 months ago#8
Ok awesome :) and while we’re on the subject who can learn DSC? Emilia has three of the four needed

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
3 months ago#9
Unfortunately, the only person who has talent with all four DSC skills is Emelia in her own story.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Founder and owner of Dragonsoft since 1997.

Ajogamer
3 months ago#10
All human characters can potentially learn DSC, though far as talent goes, there isn't any character that has talent for all 4 DSC skills.

Far as Emilia in her own story goes, that's only through her costumes letting her switch spark lists. Emilia 's own spark list gives her talent in Slide and Suplex, then for the other two, she can use her Pink Tiger costume to gain Liza's spark list, letting her gain talent for Giant Swing and Collapse/BabelCrumble (so while she effectively has talent in all 4 there, you'd still need to switch costumes based on what skill(s) you're currently trying to spark).

Anyway, aside from that one example with Emilia, most other characters only have talent in 2 of the 4 skills, but there are a few with talent in 3 of 4. Far as the ones with talent in 3/4 DSC skills, those are the following:

Annie: Has talent for Slide, Suplex and Collapse/BabelCrumble. Lacks talent in Giant Swing. (though she lacks talent for Tumble/AirThrow, so unless she lucks out on that, she needs to take the more specific spark path of "Kick or Sliding > Collapse/BabelCrumble > Suplex > Giant Swing" to spark them all)

Gen: Has talent for Suplex, Giant Swing and Collapse/BabelCrumble. Lacks talent for Slide.

Liza: Has talent for Suplex, Giant Swing and Collapse/BabelCrumble. Lacks talent for Slide.

Red: Has talent for Slide, Suplex and Collapse/BabelCrumble. lacks talent for GiantSwing.

Of those 4, Annie's in a bit of an odd place, since her spark list isn't that great for martial arts overall. I think with the spark path I listed above, she'd still ultimately tend to have an easier time learning DSC than characters with talent in 2 of the 4 skills, but that lack of flexibility (or martial art talent overall) would likely make her feel a bit rougher to use as a martial artist than Liza, Gen, or Red (who have talent in a lot of Martial Arts skills even aside from the DSC ones).
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A