• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Can Red still get to Mt. Mosperiburg somehow if Fuse is already in party?

User Info: Whitren

Whitren
4 months ago#1
So apparently if Fuse is already in party during Red's arcane quest, then by the time you reach to IRPO to get the Shield Card, Fuse will just give you the Card, instead of sending you to the mountain. What the heck? Dammit Fuse, let me go hiking! Is there a way to fix this and still be able to get to the mountain?

I was kind of looking forward to beating the Black dragon to transform teach one of my monster GriffonClaw, but now Fuse won't let me go hiking! I didn't even remember this was a thing.

User Info: killerb255

killerb255
4 months ago#2
No. If Fuse is already in your party in Red's Story he'll just give you the Shield Card. No Suzaku or Lordstar 4 U.

Best thing to do is use New Game+ after you're finished with Red's Story to carry things over.

User Info: Flagnelok

Flagnelok
4 months ago#3
There may be an option, but it is really bad in the long run. If you haven't finished Shingrow yet, go to the first fight with Berva and lose, then immediately go challenge him in the arena without finding your party. This will kick out everyone not rescued including Fuse.

Not sure how the game treats Arcane/Rune afterwards. It might decide that Fuse is "in the party" and still give you the card, or it may allow access to the mountain.

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
4 months ago#4
Flagnelok posted...
There may be an option, but it is really bad in the long run. If you haven't finished Shingrow yet, go to the first fight with Berva and lose, then immediately go challenge him in the arena without finding your party. This will kick out everyone not rescued including Fuse.

Not sure how the game treats Arcane/Rune afterwards. It might decide that Fuse is "in the party" and still give you the card, or it may allow access to the mountain.

While I know it was already mentioned this probably isn't a good option, I first wanna make extra clear why that is: doing this will make you permanently lose access to all your recruited party members other than Red, with absolutely no way to re-recruit any of them.

As for how the game treats rune/arcane afterwards (along with any character-related event), at least from the little bit of testing I did, those party members seemed to still present for event purposes, just not gameplay purposes. So assuming that's consistent across the board, you'd still be able to do rune/arcane fine. That also makes me suspect that doing this still wouldn't let you get rid of Fuse for the purposes of visiting Mosperiburg mountain (since it may still consider Fuse in-party far as events are concerned).

User Info: Ariax

Ariax
4 months ago#5
I simply don't talk to Fuse in the burger joint with Red and get him normally through the arcane quest instead.

Problem avoided.
"Now I'm seeing dogs shaped like little boys. I guess I had one too many drinks." - Gen, Sage Frontier
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Can Red still get to Mt. Mosperiburg somehow if Fuse is already in party?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A