• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Fuse T260 mistake.(Slight spoilers)

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
4 months ago#1
So playing T260 case file with Fuse and I like to get all the characters with him mostly just because he can get pretty much all of them.

So I started the Arcane quest and grabbed Emelia then realized I can't get Gen until the final boss and thus can't finish the Arcane quest or start the Rune quest to get the three characters from the Rune quest.

If someone knows a way around this other then restarting great but also just a warning for others to do Rune first in the T260 case file.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: fiyeroatheart

fiyeroatheart
4 months ago#2
You can start both Rune and Arcane at the same time, you are not "locked" into it until you receive either the first Rune or the first Tarot.

For the purposes of character recruitment in this case file its probably best to actually go thru and finish Rune, since characters like Fei-on and Annie require you to be part way into the quest....

Whereas the big characters from Arcane can be grabbed without actually going thru the quest (Emelia/Gen.....but in this case Gen is Final boss only)

Fuse is irrelevant since he is the MC, you don't need Arcane for him
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Switch), Tactics Ogre LUCT OV mod (PSP).

User Info: Lymmea

Lymmea
4 months ago#3
Unless you actually got the Gold card in Baccarat, the Arcane quest doesn't count as 'started'. I snagged Emilia from Baccarat and was still able to do the Rune quest before the Arcane quest afterwards.

That said, I'm a little confused. What do you mean, you can't get Gen until the final boss? Isn't he permanently in your party after you leave Junk?

ETA: Whoops, reading comprehension. To be fair, I just woke up.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-1994-7120 | Switch Friend Code: 8158-7146-8602

OldKye
4 months ago#4
I got the Gold card yes was trying to finish Arcane and then do Rune I was thinking I'd get another Comet blade so you absolutely can lock yourself into Arcane.

Lymmea posted...
That said, I'm a little confused. What do you mean, you can't get Gen until the final boss? Isn't he permanently in your party after you leave Junk?

Fuse case file not T260 story.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."
Dark RPG Wizard 06 4 months ago#5
Yeah, you're locked, unfortunately.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

OldKye
4 months ago#6
Dark RPG Wizard 06 posted...
Yeah, you're locked, unfortunately.
No worries it's my mistake, for some reason it just didn't occur to me that I might not have access to Gen on a file about T260 good reminder not to take it as a given.

User Info: Shadow_FF6

Shadow_FF6
4 months ago#7
Yah... not really a fan of the "Character doesn't join until the end boss" thing Fuse has going for him. I haven't played his case files yet, so maybe I'll be more okay with it when I get there, but as it stands, it seems to hurt the potential he had for making dream teams.
`/\ |\ | | \ `-|- `|_| |-_|) |-_`|` `|` |)
/--\ | \| | / ` | `|` | |_ |\ |_` |__| ` |\
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Fuse T260 mistake.(Slight spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A