• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Sevon's True Essence Translation Thread

User Info: Sevon

Sevon
1 month ago#261
So, it looks like some of the screenshots from imgur expired and I hadn't saved them. Is anyone willing to grab screenshots, mainly from Asellus' Scenario, in the OG PSX version of the game? Because Essence was written for the PSX version of the game, I don't want to use screenshots from the Remaster.

The list can be found in this spreadsheet. I mainly want to prioritize getting the missing screenshots for the Secret 50, 100 Mysteries, and the Glossary. The ones needed are marked in bright magenta.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G3J3LL3OgQk9PrMxCTYeexMlAg00ctveZwsW1CquGAw/edit?usp=sharing
~Sevon | essenceofsaga.wordpress.com | sf2perfectworks.wordpress.com
"Ah, I know this one well. His name...er...escapes me at the moment."

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
1 month ago#262
I think I could probably get those expired screenshots for you sometime in the next month or two. I just don't want to say anything too specific since I'm busier now than I was back when I helped out a while back, so how quickly I can get them depends on how how much else I have going on, and how long getting those screenshots winds up taking me.

Also so you know, the images I submitted are all in albums on my Imgur account, so I'm pretty sure they should never expire, due to that (at least, assuming Imgur always stays around, and doesn't change their hosting policies to require money to keep them up, or something like that). I've still got the images on my hard drive too, though it's probably not bad for you to save them all just to be safe, and so I'm not the only one with a backup outside of Imgur.

Also, sorry I never got around to getting any of those other screenshots I said I would; it was a combination of getting busier over time, and then the remaster coming out, and taking my focus far as SaGa Frontier's concerned (though I've actualy still yet to play through it all). I still would like to at least go through Riki's scenario to get those screenshots like I promised at some point, though.
(edited 1 month ago)

Sevon
4 weeks ago#263
No problem! There's no rush on the other screenshots, but I mostly wanted to replace the ones that were already there. @ffvd_games said he would help too, but I'm not sure which ones he'd be going after first.

That's good to know. I'll keep the links as they are now, but will save backups to my computer just in case.

To be honest, I got burnt out on SF1 after the Remaster came out. I rushed through all the original seven scenarios to get to Fuse...and then never started the case files since I needed a break. I've also been transitioning to my Perfect Works translation and want to get as much done as possible before a SF2 Remaster is announced.

Ajogamer
4 weeks ago#264
Glad to hear there's no rush overall, though yeah, I don't want to keep you waiting too long on those now-deleted screenshots that need replacing, certainly. Think I can likely start on them within the next few weeks, anyway, then hopefully have that done in a month or two.

Good to hear @ffvd_games is also helping! Since it sounds uncertain on what he'll be going for first, and I just finished taking a look at the document to see what's still needed and figure out my own plan on what I want to try and tackle sooner (usually, I look through and compile all screenshots I plan to try to grab in a notepad, so I have a list to reference and edit as I play through), let me list what I currently plan on gathering:

1. First, I plan to do a full playthrough of Asellus' scenario, since the majority of missing screenshots are from here. I'll probably grab some additional Asellus-scenario screenshots while I'm at it, but my priority's on the missing shots and what's in Secret 50, 100 Mysteries, and the Glossary. I'll probably still grab what I can from the other sections without too much trouble, though I don't want to bother with the more involved ones, so I can get through what I'm committing to in a reasonable timeframe. (In particular, Time Attack 24-27, Strongest 3, and what's in the Combo section are ones I'm definitely skipping, since they'd require more time and focus.)

2. I'll more quickly dip into Lute's scenario, both to grab the remaining missing shots (there were a few Lute-specific ones), and to grab some of the miscellaneous Glossary shots (particularly, ones that don't need grinding, like location/NPC shots), since there seem to be a lot of those we still need, and I figured Lute's scenario is a good spot to get more of the "any" shots (with how short his scenario is, he'd appear in notably less screenshots than the other protagonists otherwise). Since I'm only dipping in though, I don't plan to go for the more involved Lute-specific ones (most of the ones in sections that aren't Secret 50, 100 mysteries and Glossary)

3. I'll go through Riki's scenario, to try and get all the Riki-specific screenshots I can. Since this will be more thorough, it'll probably take me more time to get through than the above two. Also, I should probably note that I actually started on this awhile back (as in, years ago), but I was still relatively early on; around the point the world opens up for Riki. (Since I do have the above-mentioned stuff in Asellus and Lute's scenario I'm planning to do first, I'll also say if someone else wants to go through Riki's scenario before I get to it, please let me know, that way I can upload the screenshots I currently have first).

So, considering that, if you currently don't have any plans for what to go for first, @ffvd_games, I'd say these are all things you could go for without us overlapping:

- Any JP-only shots: I don't have any plans to touch these, since they can't be done alongside the rest, plus I can't read Japanese, so they'd take more effort for me to grab than English-version screenshots. I remember right, you've also got some familiarity with the Japanese version, so you may find them easier.

- Any screenshots I missed in Red, Blue, T260G and Emelia's scenarios: If I ever get to any of these, it won't be anytime soon. There's also a fair amount I missed, particularly in the Time Attack, Strongest, Nomad, Monsters, Combo, Sparking, Rare Item and Optional sections, since those sections were only added to the doc after I finished going through the first three of those scenarios (I'm not sure why I missed the few Time Attack Emelia ones; probably overlooked them).

- Any others in the Time Attack, Strongest, Monsters, Combo and Sparking sections: These sections have a lot of screenshots that are more involved or time-consuming to get, so the less of these I need to grab, the better. I'd just appreciate if you could tell me if you plan to go for any in Asellus or Riki's scenarios, so I'll know not to go for them as I play through (since they take more effort, I especially want to avoid overlap with these ones).

Of course, if you've got different plans that conflict at all with what I said above, you can of course let me know too, and I can adjust my own plans on what to go for. I certainly don't need to be the one to tackle everything I listed; I'm just trying to be extra clear and thorough to avoid overlap, that way none of our efforts get wasted.

I also went ahead and edited my signups listing in the doc to reflect my current plan, but that can always be adjusted if need be.

Sevon posted...
To be honest, I got burnt out on SF1 after the Remaster came out. I rushed through all the original seven scenarios to get to Fuse...and then never started the case files since I needed a break. I've also been transitioning to my Perfect Works translation and want to get as much done as possible before a SF2 Remaster is announced.

Yeah, could definitely understand burning out if you rushed through them like that, heh. Makes sense on wanting to focus more on that translation work too; I know that can get time-consuming.

With me and the remaster, I played through Red's, Asellus' and Lute's scenarios more quickly (along with each Fuse case file as I unlocked it; since they're short and mostly story, so it seemed better to me to do them immediately), but then I fell off of it for a bit, first wanting a short break, and then a bunch of other things took up my time and focus.

I still definitely want to get back to the remaster to do rest at some point (especially to see all those Fuse scenarios), but I'm not in too much of a rush, so don't mind holding off for a bit while I help with some screenshot gathering.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Ajogamer
1 week ago#265
@Sevon Just wanted to let you know that I just finished gathering and uploading all the missing Asellus/Lute images, along with multiple others I gathered alongside those!

Since I was uploading images anyway, I also added the Riki screenshots I had previously gotten in my playthrough of that so far; while I didn't get too far into the scenario, I had still gathered a decent bit, and figured I shouldn't just sit on them, especially when I'm unsure how soon I'll be getting back to and completing the rest of the screenshot-gathering for that scenario.

I definitely plan to eventually resume Riki's scenario and try and get what I can of those, but as mentioned above, I'm unsure exactly when I'll get back to it, or how quickly I'll get through it, especially since it's quite a few images, including some hard ones in the sections aside from Secret 50/100 Mysteries/Glossary (the images outside of those 3 sections tend to be more involved in general, so they're often more time-consuming, and can sometimes get more difficult or tedious).

One nice thing I noticed while uploading is that 100 Mysteries is only 1 image away from being completed, while Secret 50 and the Glossary should also be fairly close once Riki's scenario is done.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MysticLord

MysticLord
1 week ago#266
Catbox.moe doesn't mess with images, if you need an host that just works.
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a bazinga.

Sevon
1 week ago#267
@Ajogamer Thanks so much for this! I just finished adding all the new stuff.

I'm not too worried about the other sections since those are optional, so I'll be happy finishing the ones we're working on.

Ajogamer
1 week ago#268
Glad I could help.

Ah, good to know you're not too worried about the other sections, and consider them optional; then yeah, I'll just handle it similar to how I did with Asellus' scenario, where I prioritize those main three sections, then worry less about any harder to get ones from the other sections.
  1. Boards
  2. SaGa Frontier
  3. Sevon's True Essence Translation Thread
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A