• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Killed final form G with the bow gun

User Info: BlackNine34435

BlackNine34435
5 months ago#1
Plus one rocket. I did it just to try something new with the weapon loadout, and to celebrate the bow gun since it's not in the remake. Anyone try to experiment with odd weapon choices during certain enemy encounters?

User Info: Recoome_is_god

Recoome_is_god
5 months ago#2
A lot of the time I just play on autopilot so I don't really do much in the way of conscious experimenting, but I do have a hell of a fondness for Claire's weaponset in general for not being like Leon's conventional "point and shoot" set where everything has an obvious role to play for whatever siuation. Claire's weapons (with the exception of the Colt SAA) are all projectiles and weirdness, which makes it f***in' magical in a game like this.

• The Bowgun is maligned as being a crappy, weak weapon, which is true if it's directly compared to the Shotgun, but it objectively slaps the s*** out of zombies at reasonably long range and in that regard it just feels immensely satisfying to rail off a few bolts and hear a bunch of zombies hit the deck off-screen.
  • Lobbing a cluster of explosives at a dog or two with the Grenade Launcher (e.g. those bastards in the basement) results in OHK hilarity every time and is far more efficient (not to mention safer) than trying to piss about taking down multiple hounds with the Handgun.
  • The SparkShot, another weapon which many players turn their nose up at, makes Birkin look like a f***ing clown in his G2 and G3 forms (the boss fights on the descending platform toward the lab). It even puts T-103 on his arse with little effort.
The PC version (Sourcenext) has a patch allowing a debug mode where you can fool around modifying the inventory in real-time, so I might actually get around to doing a run through the game using only the SparkShot for s***s and giggles You can even give yourself ammo items which are otherwise not obtainable (e.g. SparkShot batteries), and reloading works!
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ

User Info: Demon1050

Demon1050
5 months ago#3
^ if you have a functioning gameshark you should be able to accomplish the same thing. I used to use it on the n64 version which has a weapon modifier code. I'd always use it to start with the magnum and use the unlimited ammo code along with it. (Which was built into the n64 version push button code)

User Info: Recoome_is_god

Recoome_is_god
5 months ago#4
Yeah there was also an equivalent code for the PlayStation version (at least with the Xploder series of cheat devices); load the cheats, start the game, go into the inventory then hold down L1 & R1 while using the d-pad and face buttons to mess around with whatever inventory slot. It also had stuff like rapid fire (which was just comically stupid) and the totally unreliable "play as [character]" codes which either never f***ing worked or worked until you selected a weapon that character shouldn't have, causing the game to crash.

People persisted in pretending that character-change s*** would function properly though!
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ

User Info: BareknuckleRoo

BareknuckleRoo
5 months ago#5
The bowgun's only a "bad" weapon because it's in a game with other even more crazy weapons. It's still a significantly better weapon than the handguns and does indeed slap the s*** out of zombies effectively.

User Info: SlLENTASSASSlN

SlLENTASSASSlN
4 weeks ago#6
I never tried it. I'm just here to beat the games. I don't put extra challenge. I just avoid cheats.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Killed final form G with the bow gun
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A