• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Lack of ammo in RPD

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
1 year ago#1
I'm doing a RE marathon these days. After I completed RE 1 (Jill) with minimal setbacks I was confident that I would blast through 2 (Claire A/Leon B) since I remembered it to be easier than 1 for some reason.

However I run out of pistol ammo sometime before I found the valve in that room close to the RPD. Luckily I found the bow gun in the same room but there is still not enough ammo for it.

I must have used about 5 f.aid sprays/mixed herbs and I have just entered the sewers in Claire.

Is that normal for a blind walkthrough* or I just suck? I have a fully loaded pistol with about 15 spare bullets, a fully loaded bowgun with 2 spare arrows and a fully loaded launcher with about 24 grenades from all types right now (sewers entrance)

PS I realised I hadn't found the g.launcher when I left the RPD and I googled for its location. Yeah I'm cheap.

*not blind per se because I had completed all 4 scenarios 3 years ago but I don't remember much. I'm much more familiar with RE 1.

User Info: Recoome_is_god

Recoome_is_god
1 year ago#2
I don't know what you've been shooting at to have nothing left already, since the RPD is overflowing with ammunition. Check everywhere and you'll be swimming in spare rounds.

marthogly posted...
I must have used about 5 f.aid sprays/mixed herbs and I have just entered the sewers in Claire.

You definitely suck :V
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ

User Info: Gauller

Gauller
1 year ago#3
Did you check corpses for ammo? Almost every cop and USS corpse has ammo.
Some ammo is hidden behind objects, too.

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
1 year ago#4
Strange. RE 2 is the winner of hard mode for classic RE games where I am TOO MUCH ammo. I think you attack everything instead of trying to dodge and not checking dead cops for ammo.
Sierra_Alpha

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 year ago#5
For a first time / new player it may not be obvious. But;

1. there is ammo “hidden” in certain places around the station (checking behind areas “you can’t see” , on corpses etc.)
  2. there are quite a number of enemies which can be easily dodged/not dealt with so you’d be saving ammo that way.

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
1 year ago#6
I finished that playthrough long ago, and for some reason I had no ammo problems for the reminder of the game. It was my second playthrough, not my first, so I still don't know why I failed that badly. Maybe it's because I hadn't played classic RE for a long time.

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
1 year ago#7
marthogly posted...
I finished that playthrough long ago, and for some reason I had no ammo problems for the reminder of the game. It was my second playthrough, not my first, so I still don't know why I failed that badly. Maybe it's because I hadn't played classic RE for a long time.
Did you just murder everything in site because that will chew ammo up fast.
Sierra_Alpha
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Lack of ammo in RPD
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A