• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Hidden items that are character exclusive

User Info: peach freak

peach freak
2 years ago#1
Have you ever noticed that some hidden/offscreen items only appear to be in certain playthroughs? This is pretty much in the Police Station. I replayed the Claire A/Leon B and Leon A/Claire B stories to actually write them down this time. Here's what I came up with, if you're curious:

RPD Briefing/Operation Room
Item: Handgun Bullets
Location: To the right of the fireplace is a chair against the wall. The Handgun Bullets are next to the chair.
Available for: Leon A, Leon B, Claire B

S.T.A.R.S Office
Item: Handgun Bullets
Location: Behind Wesker's Desk, in front of the S.T.A.R.S. emblem on the wall.
Available for: Leon A, Leon B, Claire A

Item: First Aid Spray
Location: The first-aid pouch at Rebecca's desk in the S.T.A.R.S. Office
Available for: Leon A only

RPD 2nd Floor Lounge
Item: Handgun Bullets (Claire A), Shotgun Shells (Leon A/B)
Available for: Leon A, Leon B, Claire A

RPD Basement Staircase Hallway
Item: Shotgun Shells (Leon A), Acid Rounds (Claire B)
Location: On the shelf behind the stairs leading down to the basement
Available for: Leon A, Claire B

RPD Basement Power Room
Item: Handgun Bullets (Leon B), Flame Rounds (Claire B)
Location: Next to that table next to the double doors in the room where you activate the power for the card key reader.
Available for: Leon B, Claire B

RPD Watchman's Room
Item: Shotgun Shells
Location: Second locker from the right of the four lockers in the Watchman's Room
Available for: Leon only

RPD Art Storage Room
Item: Shotgun Shells
Location: Hidden under the cobwebs across from the door in the art storage room (to the right of the jewel statues, kind of hard to explain)
Available for: Leon only

Looking at the list, Leon gets a lot of exclusive hidden items while Claire A probably gets screwed the most. I know of some hidden Handgun Bullets (like behind the red jewel statue on the 2nd floor hallway in the RPD, but those appear for all characters).

For an added bonus:

-The front of the crashed chopper on the RPD rooftop has Handgun Bullets for both A scenario stories, while Leon B/Claire B get Shotgun Shells/Acid Rounds respectively (likely to help you prepare for your first Mr. X fight).

-The locked desk in the reception room on the first floor of the RPD has a First Aid Spray for both Claire stories, Handgun Bullets for Leon A, and Shotgun Shells for Leon B. Leon gets handy ammo while Claire gets a healing item that is evil in the RE world.

-The locked desk in the RPD 2nd floor lounge has the Handgun Parts for Leon, while Claire A gets Flame Rounds and Claire B only gets Handgun Bullets (although this is a 30-bullet pickup for Claire B instead of the standard 15-bullet, probably explains why Claire B doesn't get any item in that closet next to the broken/boarded door in the same room).

-The weapon/ammo storage room in the RPD basement has two pickups of Handgun Bullets for all stories, along with ammo for a character-exclusive weapon (Leon A gets Shotgun Shells, Leon B gets Magnum Rounds, Claire A gets Bowgun Bolts, Claire B gets Acid Rounds).

If I'm missing anything, let me know. This is what I decided to do with my life over the past week.
Manny Ramirez *24* 2001-2008
Thanks for the memories man.

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
2 years ago#2
Well, Claire gets an exclusive weapon, the Sparkshot which works great against Birkin in the upcoming boss battle. Leon gets a shotgun upgrade. These are hidden, I suppose, because they don't appear on screen.

There's a green herb outside the R.P.D. building hidden in a bush in all scenarios. There's hidden handgun ammo in the dark room. Check the shelf across from the desk. It's always there. Several corpses have ammo hidden.

User Info: Recoome_is_god

Recoome_is_god
2 years ago#3
Wouldn't be able to list them because RE2 is an something of an Autopilot Adventure these days, but this game certainly does have a bunch of scenario-unique pickups.

I'm tempted to play through it without picking up any of the hidden ammo items to see if the difficulty increases by any worthwhile amount (I really doubt that it would make a difference), but I just f***ing know I'd zone out and grab a load of hidden stuff without thinking while going between all the objectives. Besides that, once you leave the Cop Shop everything's pretty much out in the open and up for grabs, so the whole "challenge" would probably fall apart before long.

Early on in Leon B might be a bit tricky for handgun ammo if you're anything like me and insist on killing everything that gets in the way once you reach the RPD. On the flipside, Claire B in particular would most likely remain a walk in the park; you get so many various rounds for the M79 that everything else can sit in the Item Box for a long time once you hit the Sewer.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DOOMBEARS II - Return to the Labyrinth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdejK6yKiQ

User Info: smallpoxx

smallpoxx
2 years ago#4
Good post. Would read again.
'Grandpa, go home and drink!' -Summer Smith (C-137)

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
1 year ago#5
you call those "hidden"? Please.

Go play Resident Evil Nemesis, Parasite Eve or even Code Veronica

Then well talk about "hidden" items or whatever

User Info: Rafael_Pawaa

Rafael_Pawaa
1 year ago#6
Funny thing is that those are only for USA version. Japanese version has all of them on screen. Even the Sparkshot/Shotgun Parts.
Some are not present at all tho, like the helicopter one. Well, it doesn't make a difference as Biohazard 2 is easier, with less enemies and stronger Leon /Claire (they do more damage to enemies, and take less).
Tsuki no michibikini... Yami to Hikari wo modarasan!!!

User Info: BlackNine34435

BlackNine34435
1 year ago#7
I remember I played Leon A/Claire B first, then a while later I got back into playing RE 2, doing Claire A/Leon B over and over.

That absent First Aid Spray in Rebecca's pouch drove me crazy and made me wonder if I made it up on those subsequent play-throughs. Until I finally replayed Leon A that is.

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
1 year ago#8
BlackNine34435 posted...
I remember I played Leon A/Claire B first, then a while later I got back into playing RE 2, doing Claire A/Leon B over and over.

That absent First Aid Spray in Rebecca's pouch drove me crazy and made me wonder if I made it up on those subsequent play-throughs. Until I finally replayed Leon A that is.

I suffered from that same problem. It wasn't until years later that I learned that Claire A Leon B is the cannon story. I though the Rebecca First Aid Spray however was a N64 exclusive. To clarify, I didn't start Claire A until I finally had a Gamecube.
Sierra_Alpha
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Hidden items that are character exclusive
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A