• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Quake II
  3. So..what are the enemies supposed to be?

User Info: RINGOUT

RINGOUT
10 years ago#1
Hey guys. I was at the mall the other day and I saw Quake 4 on sale for 10 bucks and I was like "nahh forget that I could waste my money on better stuff" but then I saw that it came with a free copy of Quake 2, and I was sold. Figured I'd post here, since the Quake 4 board is sterile xD

Anyways, what the hell are the enemies supposed to be? Cyborgs, or Aliens, or what? I remember playing this game YEARS ago and I had no idea back then, and I have no idea now. Those ones that look like a human head coming out of a robot dog's body are weird as hell though huh?

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
10 years ago#2
hey, welcome to the quiet, but very much alive, Quake II board :)

I'm not really sure what those enemies are supposed to be. I always assumed they were aliens, but some kind of combination of alien/cyborg seems more appropriate most of the time.

User Info: Recoome_is_god

Recoome_is_god
10 years ago#3
They're Strogg.

It's as simple as that :P

(Ok, fine, I'll elaborate: They are a collection of numerous races, including human, with numerous cybernetic implants and/or enhancements. So yes, they're all cyborgs, but not all necessarily alien.)
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog: it feeds the hand that bites it.
DoomBears!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2xFxdK1t4

friendlydude
10 years ago#4
oh I think I see :)

friendlydude
10 years ago#5
I see I think :)

friendlydude
10 years ago#6
I just like to smile, even when a severe toothache makes doing so very tough for me right now :)
  1. Boards
  2. Quake II
  3. So..what are the enemies supposed to be?
  • Topic Archived