• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition
  3. Anyone know what happens when you transfer glitch pokemon to pokemon stadium?

User Info: kirbymuncher

kirbymuncher
9 years ago#1
I know missingno. appears as the rhydon doll from substitute, but what about more severe glitch pokemon like Z4, 4 4 HY and others?
*insert witty pokemon related statement here*

User Info: Element-17

Element-17
9 years ago#2
I think the game might recognize them the same way or transform them into a Ditto or some other Pokémon.
Why bother making a signature?

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
9 years ago#3
I'm totally itching to try it, too bad I don't have stadium =(
gbchaosmaster

kirbymuncher
9 years ago#4
Yeah, I'm asking mainly because I don't want to explode my stadium.

Oh well. Everything in life has risks. :)

User Info: Karimyo

Karimyo
9 years ago#5
Maybe i'll try it maybe I won't. If I do, I'll post
Light's champion in the stronghold of darkness

kirbymuncher
9 years ago#6
I'll probably test this tomorrow.

kirbymuncher
9 years ago#7
Well, I just tried it and it was pretty boring.

I had a missingno. (The 184 special version) and a 4 4 HY (http://glitchcity.info/glitchdex/Y:192) in my party. Pokemon stadium realized they were pokemon, since it let me fiddle with them in oak's lab, but it didn't recognize their stats (It was just a bunch of question marks).

I was unable to use either of them in any battle mode.

If anyone has suggestions as to pokemon that may create more interesting results, or just any glitch pokemon they want me to try, I'm listening.

gbchaosmaster
9 years ago#8
So they... turned into real pokemon?
gbchaosmaster

kirbymuncher
9 years ago#9
No, they're still glitches.

In the box sorting mode, it can tell they're there and I can move them around. It just can't read their name, stats, image, anything.

In battle mode, it's as if they don't even exist. My 6 pokemon party is only 4 pokemon big according to the game, since two are glitches.

gbchaosmaster
9 years ago#10
What happens if you try to use a normal pokemon over level 100?

What happens if you try to use a normal pokemon with a glitch move?

about the latter, two examples:
- the old ditto glitch: transform into a 2, 3 or 4 move pokemon and switch the first move with the others
- trade a level 31 Kadabra to GSC. It'll learn Future Sight, then you can trade it back and get yourself a glitch move. Fun. You should be able to do similar stuff with Haunter, Machoke and Graveler as long as they learn GSC moves.
gbchaosmaster
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition
  3. Anyone know what happens when you transfer glitch pokemon to pokemon stadium?
  • Topic Archived