• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Parasite Eve
  3. Yeesh, $40 on Amazon.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#21
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
#3 is irrelevent unless you can play it on PS4 as well, because my PS3 is borked.

What are you planning on playing it on? your old PS1 or PS2?
(or emulator - should be fine to admit to this since you're trying to buy a legit copy)

I have been playing it on emu lately because I let my friend borrow my copy and he never returned it. He's probably never going to return it, which is why I want to buy it again.

*facepalm*

Oh, what now?

Just because you’re *trying* to get a physical copy doesn’t mean you can play the game on an emulator without owning the game. He asked what you were planning on playing it on, which you could have said emulator. You can’t say you’re playing on emulator now though.

I do own a physical copy though, it's just my friend has it and I'm trying to get it back from him. I know that I probably won't be able to though; every time I remind him he has some excuse why he hasn't returned it. Hence why I'm trying to buy a second copy once the price comes down a bit.

I also have it on PSN, bought via digital download a few years ago, but my PS3 is borked, overheats immediately now.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: domine_dragon

domine_dragon
1 month ago#22
buy on ebay
wow, I got lucky a few years ago and found PE 1 & 2 from a local thrift store for 3 bucks, in very good condition. Try going to your local thrift stores in your area, you never know if you'll find it there , especially if they sell old games
PSN - Spirit_-_Warrior
Join "Streets Of Rage IV" community on PS4

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
1 month ago#24
thrift stores even multi chain pawn shops are the best places to find old playstation games complete and at cheap prices. Better than trying to save up to 50 bucks or more trying to buy off of amazon or ebay.

Cant always roaming amazon, ebay or whatever for old videogames made out of CDs or plastic shells covering computer chips

User Info: KazumiAmano

KazumiAmano
4 weeks ago#25
WizardofHoth posted...
thrift stores even multi chain pawn shops are the best places to find old playstation games complete and at cheap prices. Better than trying to save up to 50 bucks or more trying to buy off of amazon or ebay.

Cant always roaming amazon, ebay or whatever for old videogames made out of CDs or plastic shells covering computer chips

The issue there is most pawn/mom and pops I've ever gone to in my life don't have great prices. Now that ebay's available to everyone, there's nothing stopping a store owner from listing everything at a good price on ebay and not selling it much lower IRL to a physical store customer. If a game goes for $40, and they're aware of that, it's not magically going to be there for $10 as a steal. Maybe $35 to get around the ebay fees or whatever but from a business standpoint, if it actively sells for $40, they'd just sit on it till it sells, wouldn't they?

That's just my experience though. Maybe I haven't been to the right pawns. I wish I could find these clueless people who have no idea the Panzer Dragoon Saga or Rule of Rose they got is worth over $400, but it's just increasingly unlikely with how connected everyone is to the internet and all the stores online.
Jan, come back when you're pregnant!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#26
KazumiAmano posted...
The issue there is most pawn/mom and pops I've ever gone to in my life don't have great prices. Now that ebay's available to everyone, there's nothing stopping a store owner from listing everything at a good price on ebay and not selling it much lower IRL to a physical store customer. If a game goes for $40, and they're aware of that, it's not magically going to be there for $10 as a steal. Maybe $35 to get around the ebay fees or whatever but from a business standpoint, if it actively sells for $40, they'd just sit on it till it sells, wouldn't they?

That's just my experience though. Maybe I haven't been to the right pawns. I wish I could find these clueless people who have no idea the Panzer Dragoon Saga or Rule of Rose they got is worth over $400, but it's just increasingly unlikely with how connected everyone is to the internet and all the stores online.
This is exactly what I was gonna say. I haven’t gotten a “steal” price at the flea market in over 10 years, and last time I was at a pawn shop that actually HAD games they didn’t even have prices on them because they kept them written down since they just checked their list online often. I’ve seen them even look up a game on the spot before telling me how much it was.

These prices are typically still lower than online competitors since they what you to buy them obviously, but I feel like any modern tales of steals and deals are just stories or past experiences being reiterated.

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#27
My friend said he was gonna buy the game for me again since he lost the copy I let him borrow. So I guess I'll wait for the time being, maybe get FF9 and Tactics instead.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
2 weeks ago#28
Foxhound3857 posted...
My friend said he was gonna buy the game for me again since he lost the copy I let him borrow.

No wonder he had so many excuses...
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
2 weeks ago#29
How do you lose a video game?

Foxhound3857
2 weeks ago#30
GoukiAkujiki posted...
How do you lose a video game?

Why don't you ask my friend the next time you see him.
  1. Boards
  2. Parasite Eve
  3. Yeesh, $40 on Amazon.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers