• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Parasite Eve
  3. Yeesh, $40 on Amazon.

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#1
What is it with Amazon overcharging for everything these days? A quick check of Ebay has the game for less than $20 in most cases.

That's probably the way to go I guess. I need to have a physical copy again, since my PS3 s*** the bed.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: KazumiAmano

KazumiAmano
1 month ago#2
In this case it's likely a product of supply vs demand. Ebay gets a lot of fresh auctions constantly, keeping prices competitive, while Amazon used stores likely sell out of the reasonably priced options eventually and the only options left are the overpriced ones.

Just speaking for myself, I sell some stuff on ebay every now and then but I don't have any Amazon seller setup. I imagine it's the same for a lot of video game sellers.
Jan, come back when you're pregnant!

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#3
KazumiAmano posted...
In this case it's likely a product of supply vs demand. Ebay gets a lot of fresh auctions constantly, keeping prices competitive, while Amazon used stores likely sell out of the reasonably priced options eventually and the only options left are the overpriced ones.

Just speaking for myself, I sell some stuff on ebay every now and then but I don't have any Amazon seller setup. I imagine it's the same for a lot of video game sellers.

If I could get my friend to return the game I wouldn't have to buy it again, but I let him borrow it a long time ago and it's lost somewhere in his uncles library. I'm gonna ask him if he can find it before I commit to buying again.

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
1 month ago#4
Parasite Eve II is going for even more insane prices. It was $30-35 used last I checked, and that's when I used to run my Parasite Eve blog years ago.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#5
Moeman_ posted...
Parasite Eve II is going for even more insane prices. It was $30-35 used last I checked, and that's when I used to run my Parasite Eve blog years ago.

I still have my copy of PE2, thankfully. No manual, but still original case. Pretty sure I've got all rewards unlocked on that one, took about thirteen playthroughs, at least six of which were on Nightmare.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#6
Prices could fluctuate depending on Black Label or GH, and whether said BL has demo disc or not. See if those details are mentioned in your searches and what said details do to prices.

I’m just speculating though. I don’t buy online, and honestly don’t buy games in general anymore. I own around 1200 physical games and I’ve pretty much resigned to the fact that I’ll be set with those and probably still will never get to playing them all.

I own both versions of PE by the way, both complete, with original cases and manuals.

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
4 weeks ago#7
Are there any actual differences between the two versions of the game, besides the disc's physical appearance?
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
4 weeks ago#8
3 things:

1) I see (used) copies for $20 on Amazon
2) None of these are from Amazon - they're from 3rd party sellers, so Amazon's not responsible
3) Both games are $5.99 each on PSN.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#9
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
3 things:

1) I see (used) copies for $20 on Amazon
2) None of these are from Amazon - they're from 3rd party sellers, so Amazon's not responsible
3) Both games are $5.99 each on PSN.

#3 is irrelevent unless you can play it on PS4 as well, because my PS3 is borked.

User Info: JadeTorchwood

JadeTorchwood
4 weeks ago#10
Despite downloading it for my PSP, I found a used copy at a local game store for about $25.
  1. Boards
  2. Parasite Eve
  3. Yeesh, $40 on Amazon.
  • Post New Message