• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Parasite Eve
  3. Can I PE Slow bosses?

User Info: ChaoTime

ChaoTime
6 months ago#1
Just like the title. Can I use the PE ability to slow bosses? I’m on day 3 fighting Sheeva and since she keeps using cure and there are 3 targets if I can slow the healing targets. I’m curious because most Squaresoft/Enix games don’t let you use status effects on most bosses.

EDIT: I beat the boss using barrier and focusing on each target instead but would still like to know if I can Slow bosses.

User Info: Perin Valin

Perin Valin
6 months ago#2
I do not believe so. I have never really tried though.

Generally speaking, slow seems like a waste of turns.

Many enemies have resistances so status effects are a low priority. Tranquilizer and acid are the only ones that don't cost turns or actions. Both are low priority choices simply because damage output is the only universally useful statistic.

There may be some rare instance where confuse will significantly increase your survival, but slow is very nearly useless.

User Info: ChaoTime

ChaoTime
6 months ago#3
I’m playing this game kind of blind because I played it as a kid so I don’t know about acid and tranquilizers but I know what you mean by that last part. I found out if I stop trying to come up with tricky strategies and just hammer in damage with rifles it usually works because battle is fast.

I’ll try slowing bosses on single targets if there are more single target bosses later on and report my findings. I think it would be good for 1v1 encounters so you can heal. I don’t know. I’ve not tried to cast confuse yet.

User Info: Perin Valin

Perin Valin
6 months ago#4
Tranquilizer and Acid are weapon effects. Tranquilize will temporarily stun enemies who are vulnerable to it. Acid adds damage over time. Neither has any detrimental properties, other than requiring a Slot on the weapon and the use of Tools to transfer them. Tranquilize looks like a syringe, and Acid looks like a green capsule.

Confuse is another Parasite Energy ability you will gain later. Enemies vulnerable to it will spin in place for a while; it is basically an alternative way to stun enemies.

If you want to cast a lot of PE's consider switching to a Club for the AT speed increase. If nothing else it will make testing go faster.
  1. Boards
  2. Parasite Eve
  3. Can I PE Slow bosses?
  • Topic Archived