• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. After almost two decades of wanting to I finally played and beat this game.

User Info: El_Dustino

El_Dustino
1 year ago#1
I do not even have a lot to say yet, I am still processing the ending, but man this was such an awesome game and so ahead of it's time. I keep thinking of what it would have been like to play this game back when I first heard of it, when I was new to role-playing games or games having a story period, I feel like it would have blown my mind. As it stands now the story is nothing too original now, but the effort and care and unique charm put into this game still made it a wonderful experience. I really did not expect something so cinematic and story focused either, so it was a real treat, it cut a lot of the fluff JRPGs have out and presented a distilled experience of consistently good content, not feeling too long or short. Minus some cryptic directions here and there, I got no negatives with the game really (outside of my Saturn needing to be cleaned and not liking to read the disc all the time X3).

(I'm also happy I managed to not be spoiled about this game for near 20 years. X3 It was large part in not allowing myself to really dive to deep into anything PDS related as much as that sucked, but it paid off.)

It's almost emotional though, I never thought this would be a game I would get to experience, something I always wanted for ages but could never justify or find a way, but now that I have... it's weird. X3 I never expected to be here.

Sad to see the community for this game is so quiet, but I have been lurking on these boards for ages, so I still appreciate all of the questions and answers, guides, and help here.

I am rambling at this point, tired after a long day, but still, I'm so happy to have finally played this game. :3
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304

User Info: ollicehunter

ollicehunter
1 year ago#2
Its still a very unique experience, to be sure. I still own it, have only played through it once, and that was a loooong time ago. I think you've inspired me to play through it again soon...especially since I'm in lockdown!

User Info: shakmstr

shakmstr
1 year ago#3
Very cool! You’re right this board has gone silent. But I’m sure most of us still revisit it from time to time. You’re also right about the game cutting out a lot of JRPG fluff.

I also wonder what I would have thought if I had played this in the summer of 1998. Being a big N64 fan at the time I imagine it would have blown me away. It’s such a serious game. I don’t remember a single silly joke that most JRPGs have.

Glad you liked it.

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
1 year ago#4
I remember that for years this was on most RPG players too 10 lists. Along with Final Fantasy and Shining Force games, Grandia games, Lunar 1/2, Seiken Densetsu 2/3, Skies of Arcadia, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean 2/3, Phantasy Star games, Suikoden games, Breath of Fire games, Xenogears and many more. Now a days I’m not sure that many people play Panzer Dragoon Saga but every RPG fan should in my opinion.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. After almost two decades of wanting to I finally played and beat this game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Uru glitch in Panzer Dragoon Saga? Tech Support2 Answers