• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Repurchased After Over a Decade

User Info: weltall1028

weltall1028
1 year ago#11
I picked up the Japanese version for about 30 bucks a few years ago, because there is no way I'm paying for a NA version. At the time, I only had a NA Saturn, and the game actually required some Action Replay codes in order to boot up. Played through it and thoroughly enjoyed it. What impressed me the most was how unique the combat was.
Check out my RPG reviews on YouTube!
https://www.youtube.com/c/BawesomeBurf/

User Info: shakmstr

shakmstr
1 year ago#12
People sell really what look to be really good repros online.

It is a shame what the cost is now. But I will never criticize anyone for paying whatever they want when it comes to gaming.

People work hourly wages or salaries and it’s their money.

User Info: bultje112

bultje112
1 year ago#13
ollicehunter posted...
Just picked this up for $700 online, complete and in great condition. Ooph! Glad I own it again. I hope we never part again.

I originally picked this up for $250ish in 2007 or so. Loved the game, thought it was unique, but now that I'm older and I've seen how the rpg genre has evolved...PDS still stands out!

It still hasn't arrived on my doorstep, and I've got to buy a Saturn again too. I don't imagine it will look very good on my HDTV...but I look forward to getting lost in this world again.

It's amazing how much the prices of certain retro games have gone up in the last few years.
I agree, I can barely stand to play most 32-16 bit rpg's these days but this game is still amazing and has great pace.

bought mine in early 2003 for 100 euros and sold it afterwards because it was quite a lot of money back then. I regretted it so much that I bought it again on ebay for 60 euros in 2005 :) what a steal. complete with sleeve. will never sell it again
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: uthoria205

uthoria205
1 year ago#14
Still have my original copy from launch :)
Acta Non Verba

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
1 year ago#15
I still have my original copy from 1998 or 1999. Even just some months after release was hard to get a hold of. From what I remember my mother helped me order it by phone since the store we found a copy from was way too far, and they shipped it to me. I also have a EU release, I bought it when I was in France and glad I kept it (I also bought EU second copies for Shining Force III, Dragon Force and some others).

My US copy is apparently one of the most expensive games I own now (not that I would ever sell it).

Its such a fantastic timeless game.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
(edited 1 year ago)
The beauty about 'expensive' games is that they retain their value and then some. With the previous year and the handful of stimulus payments, it has injected a lot of cashflow into video game collecting.
Gaijinworks/Video Game Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/Mau5q5fNJw

User Info: Joe4391

Joe4391
1 month ago#17
Just thought I’d pop in here. Vintage game shop in my town had a copy for $1500. Trading in some collectors statues and have it on layaway. Can’t wait to own this gem should have it tomorrow.
Pokemon collectors/trader
List: In progress. Discord: Joe4391#4594

User Info: ollicehunter

ollicehunter
1 month ago#18
Joe,

Enjoy! Smell the roses. I think whether or not you like (or love) the game is sort of up in the air. Everyone has their personal tastes & opinions. But one thing is for sure: the game was unique at the time of its release and still stands as a one of a kind experience.

User Info: Blaqthourne

Blaqthourne
1 month ago#19
I still have my copy I bought right around when it was released. I had the Toys R Us I worked at hold a copy for me as soon as we got any in.

madmatt posted...
My copy is the fabled black sleeve version

There are other colors?

User Info: Joe4391

Joe4391
1 month ago#20
ollicehunter posted...
Joe,

Enjoy! Smell the roses. I think whether or not you like (or love) the game is sort of up in the air. Everyone has their personal tastes & opinions. But one thing is for sure: the game was unique at the time of its release and still stands as a one of a kind experience.
Thanks! Was able to pick it up today. Cost me a little more of my personal belongs then I’d like but it was still great to have. Super in the middle about the game right now. Part of me wants to play it the other part of me wants to see if I can find a place to grade Saturn games and keep it for prosperity. Was all ready to play it until I had it in my hands then the value of it really sunk in. Either way have to find a Saturn first. Over the moon all the same but I’ve never hesitated to play a game more in my life lol
Pokemon collectors/trader
List: In progress. Discord: Joe4391#4594
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Repurchased After Over a Decade
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Uru glitch in Panzer Dragoon Saga? Tech Support2 Answers