• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Man this game is short (maybe spoilers?)

User Info: CapnThunder

CapnThunder
3 years ago#1
I just finished the fight with Infested Grig Orig and my play clock says 12 hours. And that's inflated a bit due to all the times I left the game running while I consulted an online guide. People said this was a short RPG and I normally finish games faster than other people, but damn, I didn't know it would be this short.

It certainly hasn't been a bad game, but I don't think it has lived up to the expectations that people online set for me. I could see someone thinking it was really cool if they played it in 1998, but compared to all the other stellar RPGs that were made before and since, the story really doesn't stand out as anything special. I can appreciate the minimalist design philosophy though, and I wish more RPGs copied that.

Unless the ending completely blows me away, I can't see myself judging this game as anything but solid-yet-forgettable.

User Info: zatOMG

zatOMG
3 years ago#2
It is a short game, deceiving since it was what 4 discs right?

Although, honestly, I thought the game was spectacular. The battles were intense, the music was atmospheric and ahead of its time... I will be honest and say the story did not stick with me, but I chalk that up to how I am personally. Idgaf about storyline really.

To play it now I understand, its underwhelming for some. Still great time. How'd you score your copy?

User Info: DemonSoulLoki

DemonSoulLoki
3 years ago#3
It is pretty short, but sweet. When I played the game several years ago, I think I clocked in at about 20-23 hours by the time I finished the game.
Effort gives confident in oneself as Pride does not equal ability. ~DemonSoulLoki

User Info: CapnThunder

CapnThunder
3 years ago#4
zatOMG posted...
How'd you score your copy?

Bought it in a bundle on eBay along with PD1 and PD2. Given how the price of this game has shot up over the past few months, I've already made a profit lol. I don't intend on selling it though, I've never sold any of my games.

User Info: KazumiAmano

KazumiAmano
3 years ago#5
CapnThunder posted...
I just finished the fight with Infested Grig Orig and my play clock says 12 hours. And that's inflated a bit due to all the times I left the game running while I consulted an online guide.

Hmm, wouldn't you say these things kind of work against each other? Games do get shorter when you use a guide.

But yes this game isn't very long. It isn't uncommon to switch discs more than once in a single 3-4 hour session.
Jan, come back when you're pregnant!

User Info: bultje112

bultje112
3 years ago#6
CapnThunder posted...
I just finished the fight with Infested Grig Orig and my play clock says 12 hours. And that's inflated a bit due to all the times I left the game running while I consulted an online guide. People said this was a short RPG and I normally finish games faster than other people, but damn, I didn't know it would be this short.

It certainly hasn't been a bad game, but I don't think it has lived up to the expectations that people online set for me. I could see someone thinking it was really cool if they played it in 1998, but compared to all the other stellar RPGs that were made before and since, the story really doesn't stand out as anything special. I can appreciate the minimalist design philosophy though, and I wish more RPGs copied that.

Unless the ending completely blows me away, I can't see myself judging this game as anything but solid-yet-forgettable.

why are you using a f'n guide to play this game for the first time? no wonder you will finish this game in 10 hours
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517

User Info: kikoken

kikoken
3 years ago#7
i know that feeling
You cannot measure a person's strength by their honor...

User Info: zatOMG

zatOMG
3 years ago#8
CapnThunder posted...
zatOMG posted...
How'd you score your copy?

Bought it in a bundle on eBay along with PD1 and PD2. Given how the price of this game has shot up over the past few months, I've already made a profit lol. I don't intend on selling it though, I've never sold any of my games.

Got mine on clearance years ago at a closing blockbuster.
Nintendo. Sega. Sony. Camelot Software. Working Designs. Microsoft. Hudsonsoft. Square Enix. Konami. Wayforward. Treasure. Capcom. Choice Provisions. Have fun!

User Info: Anarki471

Anarki471
3 years ago#9
Considering the average is now 4 to 6 hours for a "Current Gen" game 12 hours is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
I swear that link is not a rickroll

User Info: KarsUltimate

KarsUltimate
3 years ago#10
Seriously, the norm is that brief? That's just nuts.
"...That famous and beautiful hunter Ryre Brangwin, also known as the 'Eight Stroks of Ryre'..." - Grandfather Dorin, PSIV Prototype
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Man this game is short (maybe spoilers?)
  • Topic Archived