• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: purplefox1

purplefox1
4 years ago#1
i'm literally only in the first screen and can tell this is gonna be great!

i had heard about this game so many times but was reluctant to play it since i'd have to use emulator(though it seems to be working fine).

so far the tiny bit of story has me really interested :) and i like the way you target things to interact with them; why havent other rpgs done that D= usually i walk around in an rpg mashing the A button hoping to find something.

oh but what i really wanted to ask is if i need to play Panzer Dragoon first, or can i just jump into Saga :)?

right before this i've played Xenoblade and Nier which had super deep stories; will i still be impressed with this story?

User Info: Great_Pudding_3

Great_Pudding_3
4 years ago#2
It's really an amazing experience, this game.

Take your time and investigate your surroundings! There's a few hidden things in this game, not just secrets but easter eggs and pop culture references (circa 1998, anyway).

Yyyeeess, it's recommended you play PD and PD2 (the first story in the trilogy timeline), but it's not absolutely necessary to enjoy the story. You'll understand what's going on completely fine. At the end of the game they throw a lot of references to the other games and tie them all together, so that would be lost on you unfortunately, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

Enjoy!
PS4: MelancholicZen
NNID: Quake Guy

purplefox1
4 years ago#3
:( i got to the end of disk one and when it says to open disk tray and insert disk 2, when i 'open' the tray it crashed my emulator. im using ssf v0.10. is another emulator better? (is it okay to talk about emulation on game faqs?)

guess i'll have to do that boss fight again >.< hopefully only once more!

User Info: SpikeyAss

SpikeyAss
4 years ago#4
The game asks you to save before swapping disks. Just load up disc 2 and carry on your save.

purplefox1
4 years ago#5
tried that :/, it wouldnt even read disk 2 as a game, but as an audio cd or something? i got all the disks from the same place (emuparadise). and when i load my save on disk one it starts me before that boss battle x.x. anyway i'm gonna play panzer dragoon 1&2 first like suggested, then i'll try to figure out what went wrong here again =P i'm sure i'll figure it out, maybe it crashed cuz i was afk for like an hour and left it idle on that change disks screen or something. anyway ty guys a lot.

purplefox1
4 years ago#6
figured out what happened to my save. the game doesnt actually save until you exit the emulator; if it crashes, even if you saved it wont count because you didnt exit it properly. however it still wont read my disk 2 as a game :/... i can play the audio tracks from it in the emulator tho ._. edge talking in japanese and a few musics. gonna try to download another disk 2 from a different site.

purplefox1
4 years ago#7
looks like other people had problems with the ones from emuparadise too. back to my adventure =D (also sorry for triple post)

User Info: SpikeyAss

SpikeyAss
4 years ago#8
If disc 2 doesn't work at all then it's a broken image.

Don't use that site - always search for darkwater's rips.

User Info: bultje112

bultje112
4 years ago#9
purplefox1 posted...
i'm literally only in the first screen and can tell this is gonna be great!

i had heard about this game so many times but was reluctant to play it since i'd have to use emulator(though it seems to be working fine).

so far the tiny bit of story has me really interested :) and i like the way you target things to interact with them; why havent other rpgs done that D= usually i walk around in an rpg mashing the A button hoping to find something.

oh but what i really wanted to ask is if i need to play Panzer Dragoon first, or can i just jump into Saga :)?

right before this i've played Xenoblade and Nier which had super deep stories; will i still be impressed with this story?

better first play or watch videos of the storyline and panzer dragoon and zwei because the storyline is quite heavy in saga and you will lose a lot of points
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
  • Topic Archived