• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Thinking of buying Azel Panzer Dragoon (Japanese version?)

User Info: Reyes7J

Reyes7J
4 years ago#1
I just got a Saturn. I've always wanted to play Panzer Dragoon Saga but I will never spend 300 plus for the disc.

My 2 options are emulation or buy the action replay + japanese version of panzer dragoon saga.

What is the japanese version called? Azel Panzer Dragoon? What does Azel mean?

Given that I'm hearing impaired and wouldn't understand the voice in the cutscenes anyway, is this plan doable (japanese version?). How much does it go for now? Would it be doable or very frustrating to handle the in game menu (no idea how to play Panzer Dragoon Saga)?
GT- Reyes7J

User Info: SpikeyAss

SpikeyAss
4 years ago#2
Azel is PDS's heroine.

All dialogue in PDS is subtitled - a necessity because of its fictional language - so you would understand it playing in English. The JPN version is beatable if you don't understand Japanese but you'll need a translation guide, all of which online are missing the branching path dialogue trees, or a video walkthrough, but I can't imagine this would be the same experience. PDS really has something magical going for it.

Also, PDS checks for import carts and won't run with one. However there is an action replay code that bypasses the check.

User Info: Reyes7J

Reyes7J
4 years ago#3
Right, I would get an action replay cart if I went that route.

However, I'm concerned as to whether or not I'd enjoy playing it. The cutscenes I could maybe get around with translations online/dialogue.

The gameplay would suffer though since I don't know the commands and items
GT- Reyes7J
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Thinking of buying Azel Panzer Dragoon (Japanese version?)
  • Topic Archived