• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Is it worth the steep price and buying a Saturn for?

User Info: Gamenamebully

Gamenamebully
5 years ago#1
I know how expensive the game is and I do not own a Saturn so it'll be more expensive but I was looking into Panzer Dragoon Saga recently and it looks like a fun game. I hear constant praise of the people who have played it yet like always, the steep price of the game is kinda off-putting.

There are other Saturn games I want I admit but I see this as top priority considering I'm an RPG addict.

So to you is it worth saving up a large amount of money to get both a Sega Saturn AND the game? I see used copies are sold for 300 dollars on Amazon and the Saturn is 40-60 used.

To you is it worth that much price? Yes or no? I have bought largely expensive games in the past with the most recent being Xenoblade Chronicles so paying a large sum for a game ain't unheard of in my territory. But to you is it worth the large sum the game goes for?
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
5 years ago#2
Wondering the same thing.
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Dead Island: Epidemic

User Info: larmes_du_h3ros

larmes_du_h3ros
5 years ago#3
Buy it, see for yourself, and sell it if you don't like it. I don't think it's worth the $300, but you might think otherwise.

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
5 years ago#4
It's a phenomenal RPG, but there are too many phenomenal RPGs that can be had for under $100 to spend $250 on one, especially one you don't even own the platform for.

User Info: Virobot

Virobot
5 years ago#5
I just bought a saturn a week ago with a bunch of games. Included was Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2, and although I haven't played 2 yet, I beat the first and it was excellent!! It's similar to star fox, but you can shoot in 360 degrees by swinging the camera around with the shoulder buttons.

I'm enjoying my Panzer Dragoon games, and I'm thinking of getting Saga at some point.

Edit: I'm assuming Saga is the same kind of gameplay as 1 and 2?
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
5 years ago#6
Virobot posted...
I just bought a saturn a week ago with a bunch of games. Included was Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2, and although I haven't played 2 yet, I beat the first and it was excellent!! It's similar to star fox, but you can shoot in 360 degrees by swinging the camera around with the shoulder buttons.

I'm enjoying my Panzer Dragoon games, and I'm thinking of getting Saga at some point.

Edit: I'm assuming Saga is the same kind of gameplay as 1 and 2?

You beat Panzer Dragoon 1 that quickly?! Wow. I still haven't managed to beat the whole game in one sitting. Episode 5 always gets me; I beat it once, but then ran out of continues on Episode 7. I've beaten Episode 7 as well, but only after using a cheat code to skip to Episode 6.

And no, Panzer Dragoon Saga is almost completely different gameplay from the other Panzer Dragoon games. It's an RPG which uses gauge turns, like the Grandia series and Final Fantasy IV through IX. It's a lot more cutscene-heavy, too.

User Info: mled

mled
5 years ago#7
It is one of the best RPGs I ever played, but I don't think anything is worth the price they are asking for it right now, specially if it's second hand.

It's not a hard RPG, most battles are really easy, but still the battle system is good fun.

The story and music are really good, and the world is really well built, you can feel that you are there if you let yourself get deeply involved in the game.

The graphics are some of the best for a 3D Sega Saturn game, but it may take some time getting used to.
Check out my Digital Art website: http://digiartdigi.wix.com/artedigital
I personally didn't find it that entralling. I actually beat the game today after stopping on Disc 4 for over a year. The ending was okay, sort of cliffhanger-ish and didn't resolve a whole lot with the characters. I would not pay the $300+ asking price.
Game Grabs, Trailers, and Pickups!
http://www.youtube.com/storino03

User Info: SSJ_Sonikku

SSJ_Sonikku
5 years ago#9
Topic Creator, if you do not mind importing the Japanese version (titled Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG), then I would go with that. That version is not too pricy, usually you can find it for like 20-50 dollars give or take. I was able to get the game along with Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei one time for 40 dollars.

Some here might say you will be "missing out" when playing, but that shouldn't matter there are translation guides in the net with everything you need to enjoy. I hope this helps in however you get and enjoy the game.
I'm a gamer that loves fighting games!
  1. Boards
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  3. Is it worth the steep price and buying a Saturn for?
  • Topic Archived