• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
  3. Differences again (for the last time?)

User Info: flayer6

flayer6
9 years ago#1
Besides the graphical differences (slightly improved on PSX) and apparently better AI on PSX, are there any other significant differences? Is it worth it more to play this on PSX or Wiiware than on SNES emulator (besides the obvious legality)? Thanks!

User Info: Gorillah

Gorillah
9 years ago#2
If i recall correctly you can set multiple waypoints in the PSX version and cannot in SNES. You can also check the description of tarot cards in battle on the PSX unlike the SNES.
Tilting the battlefield to see more of it is possible in PSX though its no big deal.
I think there may be more hidden treasures in the PSX version though I may just be bad at finding them even with a guide. A couple minor things like longer character (letter) limits for names of items and such and you have a bigger unit info screen in edit army (equipped weapon, character picture, etc), things like using multiple of an item (heal potion) on multiple characters without backing out and having to pick a unit with each use.
Fogel is a often a pain to get in both versions even though you meet the requirements, the fickle bastard. I can't recall anything else, hope it helps!
My GT:GorillahGrod

User Info: gasimakos

gasimakos
9 years ago#3
Gorillah posted...
If i recall correctly you can set multiple waypoints in the PSX version and cannot in SNES. You can also check the description of tarot cards in battle on the PSX unlike the SNES.
Tilting the battlefield to see more of it is possible in PSX though its no big deal.
I think there may be more hidden treasures in the PSX version though I may just be bad at finding them even with a guide. A couple minor things like longer character (letter) limits for names of items and such and you have a bigger unit info screen in edit army (equipped weapon, character picture, etc), things like using multiple of an item (heal potion) on multiple characters without backing out and having to pick a unit with each use.
Fogel is a often a pain to get in both versions even though you meet the requirements, the fickle bastard. I can't recall anything else, hope it helps!

people have trouble getting fogel?
cheese sandwiches
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
  3. Differences again (for the last time?)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A