• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: skin_eater98

skin_eater98
6 months ago#1
This seems like something which hasn't seen a lot of attention on here: The item duplication cheat. It is cheating, but I think it was made for the purpose of testing the limits of the game.

I like using the cheat, which involves moving characters and items in a unit, and can garner you ludicrous gath (goth? the currency) and unlimited disposable items as soon as you begin the game. The last couple of games I have been trying to keep using it to a minimum, but it occurs to me that using this cheat, besides making the game very easy, allows you to stretch the game far, which is to say, play longer. My question is, is it bad for the game to play for two, three hundred hours in a run through?
The border wall is a joke!

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
6 months ago#2
It's a single-player game. I don't think there's anything objectively "bad" about any way to play it -- it's an entirely subjective question when there's only one player. Do you find that using the exploit hurts your experience? If so, then it's bad for you, and if not, then it's not bad for you, and what difference does it make if the answer is different for somebody else?

The only time that cheating is objectively bad is when it involves harming somebody else's experience.

Likewise, playtime is, IMO, less important than how much you are enjoying the game. If you're still having fun with your run when you're 300 hours in, then what's the problem?
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

skin_eater98
6 months ago#3
You're right, I should have rephrased the question: I am worried about overloading the game.
On the cartridge I have been playing, I have had the game freeze up on the stage-screen, It happened once when I got it and tried to play the previous player's file. It didn't happen again until- and here is some info I forgot to include- I started messing around with Urns of Chaos and Scrolls of Lawfulness a lot on-stage...
The border wall is a joke!

skin_eater98
5 months ago#4
My game would freeze up on me, and I just cleaned the prongs of the cartridge with alcohol on a cotton swab, and so far I have no more seize-ups
...insist that the operation be called "corrections"...
What about people there for things they didn't do?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A