• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  3. Updating my Neutral Encounter guide - I mean it this time! Need thoughts.

User Info: Red_Maw

Red_Maw
6 months ago#1
I'm gutting it and starting fresh versus trying to fix the awful formatting in the existing one (manually entered line breaks FTL).

Would people prefer a formatted FAQ? One with a fancy table of contents with clickable links to each creature entry and each location entry? Alternatively, I'm thinking of sticking with a .txt, but where the first mention of each creature is its "where to find" entry, so that you can do a ctrl+f and your first hit will be locations with that creature.

Happy to entertain other suggestions as well, including information you want added. Even if it doesn't relate directly to Neutral Encounters I'm happy to add it.

User Info: lukamu

lukamu
6 months ago#2
How detailed are you going to be? For example, are you going to include the level of every neutral encounter monster for every scene?

I would use a neutral encounter guide that had a section where it listed the scenes in order and what monsters at what level you could find there. That's the most useful guide, in my opinion. Then, for each level, list the monsters that you can find *for the first time* with some special font, then list the ones you could have already found in earlier scenes.

However, I also see the use in having a guide like what you described, especially if you're going to list those first and then have a second section where you list neutral encounters by scene. If I'm playing through the game, the guide I want is the one listed by scene.

User Info: nemesisMKII

nemesisMKII
6 months ago#3
Will your guide include what potential items they drop upon defeat ? I'm not really interested in neutral encounters personally, I got my Hawkmen unit for funsies, but I always roll all human, Monsters just seem... blah to me.

User Info: skin_eater98

skin_eater98
6 months ago#4
It's not really in the neutral encounter subject, but I got a foe golem turned to stone by a cocatrice in training.
It is notable- perhaps you already know- that soldiers do not acquire experience in neutral encounters.
The border wall is a joke!

User Info: Red_Maw

Red_Maw
6 months ago#5
I'm totally up for including random notes like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  3. Updating my Neutral Encounter guide - I mean it this time! Need thoughts.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A