• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  3. What units not in game did you wanna see in game??

User Info: XTeamChinaX

XTeamChinaX
1 year ago#1
For me I wish the fares had their 2nd form & they should have gave Gremlins a 2nd form I also wish we had octopuses 🐙 & you should have been able to uses Ogres & Goblins in game!!. What are some units you wanted to see return from Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen??.

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
1 year ago#2
You can use ogres and goblins.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: Ashanark

Ashanark
1 year ago#3
I liked the giants from MotBQ. Seems they were intended to be in PoLC at some point in the development process but didn't make it into the final product. MotBQ had fire/ice/wind giants so I wonder if using LUCT's element system threw that off, since there would've needed to be a new Earth giant type as well to round off the set... and at that point maybe the giants would've felt like ripoff dragons.

Zombie dragons would've been cool, giving the Undead category an L-sized character. Imagine killing a zombie dragon and having it regenerate like a skeleton... Would be very hard to deal with early-game.

Not so much a unit, but Tarot Cards were a huge part of MotBQ and it would've been fun to use them in PoLC. They were also slightly broken so I imagine you wouldn't just be able to use them at will. Maybe forcing a group to carry Tarot Cards in group inventory slots would've helped balance them, and you would've needed the Interrupt Meter to fill up three times like an Elem Pedra before you could use them.

If we were allowed to adapt units from LUCT, too... I would've liked to see Lizardmen. They're S-sized characters (which the Dragon category lacks) so having a Dragon Master lead a squad of four Lizardmen into battle would've been neat.

LUCT also had gunners. Being able to get a single gunner after a sidequest (like a Dragoon or a Princess) would've been neat. I imagine them fulfilling a role similar to the Archer: a powerful mage-killing back-row physical attacker, though a good deal slower.

XTeamChinaX
1 year ago#4
mario2000 posted...
I never knew you could do that??. You can use ogres and goblins.

XTeamChinaX
1 year ago#5
Ashanark posted...
I liked the giants from MotBQ. Seems they were intended to be in PoLC at some point in the development process but didn't make it into the final product. MotBQ had fire/ice/wind giants so I wonder if using LUCT's element system threw that off, since there would've needed to be a new Earth giant type as well to round off the set... and at that point maybe the giants would've felt like ripoff dragons.

Zombie dragons would've been cool, giving the Undead category an L-sized character. Imagine killing a zombie dragon and having it regenerate like a skeleton... Would be very hard to deal with early-game.

Not so much a unit, but Tarot Cards were a huge part of MotBQ and it would've been fun to use them in PoLC. They were also slightly broken so I imagine you wouldn't just be able to use them at will. Maybe forcing a group to carry Tarot Cards in group inventory slots would've helped balance them, and you would've needed the Interrupt Meter to fill up three times like an Elem Pedra before you could use them.

If we were allowed to adapt units from LUCT, too... I would've liked to see Lizardmen. They're S-sized characters (which the Dragon category lacks) so having a Dragon Master lead a squad of four Lizardmen into battle would've been neat.

Good ideas I miss the fare evolution I miss the octopus 🐙 Giant, Titan, Imp, Mermaid 🧜‍♀ , Kraken, Pixie, Sylph, Phantoms, Halloween!!. I miss these classes. LUCT also had gunners. Being able to get a single gunner after a sidequest (like a Dragoon or a Princess) would've been neat. I imagine them fulfilling a role similar to the Archer: a powerful mage-killing back-row physical attacker, though a good deal slower.

User Info: shakmstr

shakmstr
1 year ago#6
Some type of Gunner would have been cool. Idk how different they would have been from Archers maybe very lethal Vs flying units.

User Info: DragonBlood87

DragonBlood87
1 year ago#7
shakmstr posted...
Idk how different they would have been from Archers maybe very lethal Vs flying units.
Just have them be to Archers like Black Knights are to Paladins: Less attacks, but those attacks hit a lot harder.
Atheism - A non-prophet organization.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  3. What units not in game did you wanna see in game??
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A