You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Seiichiro

Seiichiro
1 month ago#1
Makes me sad this board has started to turn into Spam rambling posts that could have all been kept on one thread. It was neat checking here a few times a year and there would be like A new person who just found the game saying "NEAT!" or someone looking over new challenges they made for themselves.

User Info: mobile_jukester

mobile_jukester
1 month ago#2
Quite frankly I put that special guy on ignore as I figured he wouldn't be stopping anytime soon.
Let's go Red Sox!
jukester

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#3
He's a nutcase, but you gotta admit: it's pretty fun watching a guy extrapolate "extended meanings" based on how words sound and what they used to mean.

I mean, how often do occultists pop up on GameFAQs?

I thought he was annoying at first (with his very long list of complaints) but he grew on me lol.

User Info: tepid_goo

tepid_goo
1 month ago#4
He is certainly wacky. I can't believe he accused everyone who occasionally pops up on this board of "Lodism." It made my day.

In a way though, I thought his goofy ramblings sort of spoke as a credit to the game. He may have had a laundry list of things he didn't like about it, but Ogre Battle obviously hooked him and served as an outlet to let out his wackiness in a harmless way.

Seiichiro
1 month ago#5
tepid_goo posted...
He is certainly wacky. I can't believe he accused everyone who occasionally pops up on this board of "Lodism." It made my day.

In a way though, I thought his goofy ramblings sort of spoke as a credit to the game. He may have had a laundry list of things he didn't like about it, but Ogre Battle obviously hooked him and served as an outlet to let out his wackiness in a harmless way.

Absolutely man. There is nothing wrong with having issues with parts of the game but he seems to be solidly enjoying it in his own way. He's definitely delving deeper into the lore than I am at this point.

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#6
Seiichiro posted...
tepid_goo posted...

Absolutely man. There is nothing wrong with having issues with parts of the game but he seems to be solidly enjoying it in his own way. He's definitely delving deeper into the lore than I am at this point.

More accurate to say he's reading more into it then what is actually there. I know the trick he's done; basically just take words (or labels) and hear how they sound similar to other words and combine THAT with their old meanings to create a "hidden message".

He's a legit occultist lol, just watch a minute of some of the videos he shared or read his last posts!

User Info: tepid_goo

tepid_goo
1 month ago#7
SiegvonWal posted...
Seiichiro posted...
tepid_goo posted...

More accurate to say he's reading more into it then what is actually there. I know the trick he's done; basically just take words (or labels) and hear how they sound similar to other words and combine THAT with their old meanings to create a "hidden message".

He's a legit occultist lol, just watch a minute of some of the videos he shared or read his last posts!

Oh no question. However, considering all the mischief an occultist, conspiracy theorist could get into, I think reading too far into an N64 game is almost wholesome.

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#8
tepid_goo posted...

Oh no question. However, considering all the mischief an occultist, conspiracy theorist could get into, I think reading too far into an N64 game is almost wholesome.

Lol I only know about what they do in games like Persona 3/4 lol! Otherwise, as far as I know, they're actually quite harmless hermits. I mean, they may be out of touch with reality, but they're rarely political extremists or actually scary crap like that.

But I don't want to keep gossiping about a stranger like he isn't maybe reading to see what people are thinking of him lol, it feels a bit awkward.

And I like the increased stimulation/activity, even if it's caused in an unintended or unexpected kind of way lol! Reminds me of the Persona games, since that's about as occult as it gets for me lol.

Seiichiro
1 month ago#9
SiegvonWal posted...
tepid_goo posted...

Lol I only know about what they do in games like Persona 3/4 lol! Otherwise, as far as I know, they're actually quite harmless hermits. I mean, they may be out of touch with reality, but they're rarely political extremists or actually scary crap like that.

But I don't want to keep gossiping about a stranger like he isn't maybe reading to see what people are thinking of him lol, it feels a bit awkward.

And I like the increased stimulation/activity, even if it's caused in an unintended or unexpected kind of way lol! Reminds me of the Persona games, since that's about as occult as it gets for me lol.

It's a rough path to walk down in older games like Ogre Battle 64 where worlds were created when someone in Japan who spoke a little English basically tried to watch some history and explain it to someone and it got diluted into masterful games and stories. Like how Fist of the North Star was someone trying to make out Mad Max without speaking the language and filling in the blanks as they tried to remember and make sense of what they possibly just witnessed.

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#10
Seiichiro posted...

It's a rough path to walk down in older games like Ogre Battle 64 where worlds were created when someone in Japan who spoke a little English basically tried to watch some history and explain it to someone and it got diluted into masterful games and stories. Like how Fist of the North Star was someone trying to make out Mad Max without speaking the language and filling in the blanks as they tried to remember and make sense of what they possibly just witnessed.

Yeah, and it often produces some fun and original results! Reminds me of the guy who made Dark Souls who said that he basically couldn't understand books and comics as a kid (maybe they were in English or something?) and so tried to recreate that experience with Dark Souls, where you can only understand bits and pieces and have to fill the blanks yourself.

It's a cool style, especially since it generally involves more gameplay and less hand-held cinematics and linear paths lol.