You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Seiichiro

Seiichiro
2 months ago#1
Spoilers if someone is still looking here and hasn't played this

We can't save Yumil right? That just isn't a thing. Like In KOTOR we can wiggle our way to basically getting everything we want in one way or another. I'm not missing something on my 2 dozen play through where I could have had an actual happy ending.

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
2 months ago#2
Right. Yumil is forever doomed.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: mobile_jukester

mobile_jukester
2 months ago#3
Unless you get the 101CF ending by recruiting Kerikov in Celesis.

>_>
Let's go Red Sox!
jukester

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#4
mobile_jukester posted...
Unless you get the 101CF ending by recruiting Kerikov in Celesis.

>_>

Lol too bad this isn't a thing. It'd be awesome to recruit one of the "Vanities" even if they're kinda weak. I've always had a soft spot for General Godeslas lol and Papa Sylvis ain't bad either! General Kerikov is funny too!

But yeah, unfortunately Yumil dies. However, depending on your choices at the last battle in Chapter 2, Yumil can either be a self-sufficient guy who gets killed by Zeda because he had no intention of destroying the world or reviving Danika or something like that or a man-baby who gets killed by Mari because she goes crazy for some reason.

I don't remember the details, but I know the former is sort-of the "better ending" 'cause Yumil's actually a fully realized adult rather than an eternal dependent in that version and even the player turns around and makes reference to the very beginning where he swore to be "Yumil's knight" plus his waifu doesn't go cray cray on him so that's a plus right there.

However it's probably the "Dark Path" you know, gotta say dot dot dot at the execution in Chapter 1 to set rather than the "Light Path" where the game's less dark and sad but I'm pretty sure Yumil's ending is solely dependent on whether you choose to finish off the Western Division rather than make peace with them.
Ya iz russki bot

Seiichiro
2 months ago#5
Yeah man I'm still furious at that purple haired girl. I forgot her name but at least we got to beat rain annihilation on her when she's stuck in a tree or whatever.

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#6
Seiichiro posted...
Yeah man I'm still furious at that purple haired girl. I forgot her name but at least we got to beat rain annihilation on her when she's stuck in a tree or whatever.

Danika lol. But she doesn't really do much in the plot, if anything I'd say Zena or Mari (Yumil's concubine) are more worthy of anger since either Zena kills your best friend or Mari does so in a fit of madness. Neither are exactly endearing lol.

I remember back when I was a kid playing this game, and I saw Baldwin and Mari as pretty much the two ends of the serpent of evil lol. Baldwin's a manipulative bad guy who seeks power to compensate for something, and Mari's a pushover who kills my character's childhood bestie! Not to mention Baldwin's the one seen giving Fruits of the Netherworld to some major characters and well... as a kid, it was pretty scary seeing Ogres for the first time.

My mother sold the game to me on the basis that it had big dragons I could play with (I liked dragons when I was 5-6 lol) and I didn't expect to invest myself into building an army let alone get scared by the OGRES! The scene in the first battle of Dardunelles is the one that got me, where the little fighter and knight go up against a pair of ogres and the squished bodies of their victims are laying about!
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: tepid_goo

tepid_goo
2 months ago#7
SiegvonWal posted...
The scene in the first battle of Dardunelles is the one that got me, where the little fighter and knight go up against a pair of ogres and the squished bodies of their victims are laying about!

That scene is my favorite "things just got real" moment in gaming. When I was a kid renting this game from Blockbuster for the first time, I didn't get much further than Dardunelles because of that scene (and just how intimidating the Ogres are from a game play perspective too at that point in the game.)

Seiichiro
2 months ago#8
tepid_goo posted...
SiegvonWal posted...
The scene in the first battle of Dardunelles is the one that got me, where the little fighter and knight go up against a pair of ogres and the squished bodies of their victims are laying about!

That scene is my favorite "things just got real" moment in gaming. When I was a kid renting this game from Blockbuster for the first time, I didn't get much further than Dardunelles because of that scene (and just how intimidating the Ogres are from a game play perspective too at that point in the game.)

Same here. I think this was the first game i rented 3 consecutive weeks.

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#9
Seiichiro posted...
tepid_goo posted...
SiegvonWal posted...

Same here. I think this was the first game i rented 3 consecutive weeks.

Oh wow lol I guess I'm not the only one who got scared by them as a kid. They may not be THAT tough later on, but early on they're essentially OP baddies with the vitality of Golems but the punch of a Black Knight. Of course, that changes when they're essentially attack-focused golems and Ariosh's Ogre is overleveled at 20 (perhaps pushing you to surround and hit him from the back, a challenge since Ariosh is the only boss to leave his stronghold. Of course, taking the main camp is another path to victory and my mother's preferred one in my memory. I lost a lot of good men as a kid lol, and that Ogre + Rhade were the toughest hurdles on the path to gitting gud).

I'm curious as to why only Ariosh moves around. And Debonair, at least on some cartridges (I own 2 and they function differently here), turns around after the first encounter at the Zenobian Border. If a spiritual successor or 20 years later sequel is ever made, the enemy commander should turn to face the players at least since otherwise a lot of them are pretty easy to beat by hitting their most vulnerable side.

Ariosh is probably one of the hardest though since his OP Ogre combined with his aggressiveness makes attacking him very risky, especially for a new player.
Ya iz russki bot

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#10
Heck, the siege of Alba is a cakewalk by comparison. I remember loving that battle the first time I fought it since it was rather enjoyable giving myself that thunder blade and standing at the stronghold north of the allied main camp and just swatting away the oncoming enemies.

Not to mention, I just really like/liked the aesthetic of the battlefield. General Godeslas is a bit of a pushover, especially compared to Ariosh, but still a very memorable battle in how tame it is compared to Dardunelles.
Ya iz russki bot