• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  3. Help me understand formation please

User Info: Seiichiro

Seiichiro
1 year ago#11
There are also revive stone or something that heals petrify so take a bunch with you just in case.

User Info: railroads

railroads
1 year ago#12
The hallowed shield protects the user from petrify. You can also adjust your formation and isolate the character with the shield on in the back row and can get them to target that character so no one else gets hit. Also try to attack the enemy from behind since cockatrices in the front row are not a threat.

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
1 year ago#13
railroads posted...
The hallowed shield protects the user from petrify. You can also adjust your formation and isolate the character with the shield on in the back row and can get them to target that character so no one else gets hit. Also try to attack the enemy from behind since cockatrices in the front row are not a threat.

They are not a threat in that they won't petrify when they are up front, but they are quite powerful so be mindful of the damage they do to your front line units.
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil

User Info: DJSnafu23

DJSnafu23
1 year ago#14
Thanks for the replies everyone! In terms of legions and orders I meant the direct/attack/evade stuff for when on the move or guarding. Cockatrices and Gorgons were the hardest enemies in the game but i got there in the end! Devastated at the ending, which always makes for a fantastic game. I really need to try again with more emphasis on alignment but it became tiresome without feeling strategic at all. However with the way things panned out with my 0 CF ending I need to revisit this ASAP with liberation in mind, Im genuinely in shock at events 2 hours after finishing it! My only complaints are the battle music being repetitive and the alignement system. Thanks to everone who helped!

GraphG
1 year ago#15
As you play more often, the alignment system gets easier to handle. Liberation is important for CF, but you could also try to make "good decisions" that will increase your CF (not fighting Dio, saying ... at Frederick's execution, stage order, etc.)

I agree with the music getting repetitive.
I love GC especially PSO

User Info: nemesisMKII

nemesisMKII
1 year ago#16
Honestly, I recommend you read DancingElf's CF guide. The decisions you make in the game have a way larger impact on your CF than liberations. They help, but not nearly as much. For instance, my last run I forgot that it's the UNIT'S TOTAL AVERAGE ALIGNMENT that determines your capture/liberation and not just the unit leader, and I still finished with a CF of 100.

I hope you went the LOW CF route and managed to snag the characters that come with it like Biske and Sean so your next run you can aim for the much better characters. I always disliked the multiple routes/endings because I wanted to use everyone but would never sacrifice getting my Zenobians!

GraphG
1 year ago#17
Liberation and capturing can play a large impact especially in late game. In my last playthrough I tanked my CF (through decisions and capturing strongholds) in order to get Biske and Carth. After you recruit Carth there are about ten chapters left. I ended the game with CF in the 60's and go the neutral ending.

If you are going for high CF and make only "good" decisions then liberation vs. capture is not that big of a deal, but if you are trying to keep your CF low and then raise it towards the end of the game it is.
I love GC especially PSO
  1. Boards
  2. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  3. Help me understand formation please
  • Topic Archived