• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  3. This is the greatest games ever.

User Info: masamako

masamako
11 years ago#41
I sold oddysee when i was young and foolish....but i do still have exoddus.

User Info: acepyromaniac

acepyromaniac
11 years ago#42
abe's oddysey is the greatest. I hope they try and go back to this kind of game instead of munch's oddysey and bring back abe's horse thing, i cant remember the name, i think its ulum or sumthing
100 steps to heaven, 1000 steps to hell

User Info: JayKlook

JayKlook
10 years ago#43
close, it was Elum. mule backwords. i'm hoping that Citizen Siege does well enough that Lanning can do what he wants. he said he'd like to go back and make movie counterparts for Abe and Munch's Oddysees.
Inverse proportionate explosive dynamics has never been proven conclusively in a laboratory environment.

User Info: banana360

banana360
10 years ago#44
yep long live oddworld exoddus and oddysee are amazing but i've never play munch or stranger and as for the new one.....
i'ma firin' ma laser

User Info: _oddhead

_oddhead
10 years ago#45
greatest games ever, most definitely.

I remember playing a pc demo of abe's oddysey, going bat-crap insane, and eventually buying both oddysey and exoddus. On pc AND playstation. Also I bought a spare copy of oddysey, in the unlikely-yet-possible case something happens to it. They're just that good.

Then I read about munch's oddysey in a magazine and buy the playstation 2 just so I can play it. I beat oddysey and exoddus over and over again to satiate the cravings. Always going to the local store and asking if it's there yet, and their telling me it's been postponed. And of course moved to xbox. I couldn't believe it - there's that second-long glimpse of it on the first playstation 2 demo disc and everything. I was PISSED.

I bet there's an xbox diehard somewhere getting his kicks over this, heh.
beware the slow pirate and his extending hook.

User Info: JayKlook

JayKlook
10 years ago#46
so did you ever get an xbox and play it? if not, you should, and pick up stranger. excellent games.
Inverse proportionate explosive dynamics has never been proven conclusively in a laboratory environment.

_oddhead
10 years ago#47
Nope. not yet. some day.
I'd found the switch to kill most of the power,
and there I was, in the final hour.

User Info: alfrelian

alfrelian
10 years ago#48

OK i have a problem, i could buy both oddisee and exoddus either in ebay for the PS1 or thru steam for the PC, and they would be cheaper thru steam but for a few dollars only.

I played addisee i the PS1 long time ago and i loved it.

SO the problem is i don't know which plataform to buy them for, maybe the PS1 version would look better in the PS2 (that i have) than the steam version in my pc, or viceversa i have no idea but i will really appreciate ides and suggestions!!

_oddhead
10 years ago#49
Steam

+ everything moves at a slightly faster rate
+ in AE, Quiksave and Quikload are handled with hotkeys
- you don't get the box and disc, but this is subjective.
- as with all Steam games, you need to log online first; a minor hiccup, but there you go.

Playstation

+ You'll get the hardcopy of the game, again, subjective. If you're a collector, say, it'll matter.
+ No need to log in anywhere, just pop in and play.
- very slightly slower than PC version
- Quiksave and Quikload require pausing, which slows the action down.
- on the playstation 2 and 3, during the cutscenes, you get a flashing white line, about half a centimeter wide, on the far right side of the screen.
I'd found the switch to kill most of the power,
and there I was, in the final hour.

User Info: daoud_qin

daoud_qin
10 years ago#50
It's been a long time since I've played this game. Great graphics a simple but effective enough story that kept you playing even though it was mad frikkin difficult but once you accepted the circumstances of gameplay you realized just how brilliant it was designed. Even the sound effects were relevant to gameplay giving you a clue as to hidden mudokens and finding that secret area after thinking to yourself whether there was something under that platform was very gratifying. It's definitely a game where you have to think and use your environment whereas in other platform games it was mostly just jump, jump, jump.

I remember there were some areas (possibly optional ones) where you'd be chased by a Scrab. Even though chanting didn't possess them you could kill them by chanting right as they were going to jump over a hole causing them to fall to their death. I wonder if anybody else figured this little trick out.
  1. Boards
  2. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  3. This is the greatest games ever.
  • Topic Archived