• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
  3. So.... much... nostalgia

User Info: Toxic_Offender

Toxic_Offender
3 years ago#1
I bought this game way back in the day for $2 at a Goodwill. I had never heard of it but figured why the heck not. I was so glad I did once I played it. It was ugly and glitchy and full of glaring flaws, but something about it was just unlike anything I'd played before. It had a beautiful atmosphere, a great sense of humor, and absolutely fantastic music. I haven't played it since probably like 2005; a girl I was dating stole it (along with Goldeneye, Conker, and Mischief Makers) when we broke up, and I've been pretty frustrated by its rarity and high prices in recent years (but not as much as with Conker... Don't get me started on that). So I was ecstatic to finally purchase a copy this morning.

I have such fond memories of this game. It reminds me of simpler times, the early-00's days of being ages 11-through-14 and staying up extremely late watching Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Trigun, Futurama, and Space Ghost on the rare occasion they'd still air that, and alternate that with this, Goldeneye, WWF Attitude, Vice City, and F-Zero GX all night. Such great times. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

It makes me very happy to see this game has developed even just a small fanbase. Back when I was originally playing this, it seemed like nobody else on the internet had played it and there was only one FAQ for it on here (and I couldn't find any others anywhere else).

I'm so excited to get this in the mail. Even if it hasn't aged well. And then hopefully I can find a decently-priced copy of Goemon's Great Adventure, since I never got to play that one.
I'm a fiddler crab! Why don't you shoot me? It's fiddler crab season!
http://www.last.fm/user/DToxico
  1. Boards
  2. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
  3. So.... much... nostalgia
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A