• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
  3. Is this in your top 10 games of all time?

User Info: HerPanda

HerPanda
7 years ago#1
It's in mine, though I'm not sure if it's my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th favorite since they're all so close... it's too bad this series just...died...

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
7 years ago#2
Not sure, but it's very possible. It's got a charm to it that you just don't see in games today. I loved all the wacky Japanese influence it had. Such a game would never get released in the U.S. today. It is a shame that the series died.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: Lord Magus2002

Lord Magus2002
7 years ago#3
It's pretty much my number 1.
Wrapped up in tunes.
Official Cobra Mission fanboy of GameFAQs.

User Info: Crispinianus

Crispinianus
7 years ago#4
It's the first, and it won't move from there, because of its great importance it had during my childhood. While everyone was going mad about Ocarina of Time, I got Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, and that conquered me totally.
The whole series is great, indeed.

User Info: HerPanda

HerPanda
7 years ago#5
^Yeah, I played this instead of Oot too (I played Oot over a decade later, but Oot does edge out for me to be my #1). Back then I didn't care for gaming magazines or internet forums (did they even exist? lol), and my friends were PS1 owners, so I bought games soley by what the covers looked like. "Mystical Ninja," with a blue haired ninja dude with some weird bludgeoning looking weapon? Yeah, that was 1000x more interesting than Oot's cover lol.

That said... I'm glad I went into both completely blind (Yes, even Oot in 2009 lol). They're two of the best games I've ever played, and I'm happy to know that that opinion was formed by myself alone, not swayed by what others think about the two or second guessing myself about "nostalgia goggles".

Action adventure == Best genre ever. Well...it's at least my favorite :)

User Info: needlewarbler

needlewarbler
7 years ago#6
No, but it's pretty close.

User Info: kimaochi

kimaochi
7 years ago#7
Not sure if it's top 10 all-time for me but I could definitely say it's one of my top 5 favorite games on the N64.

User Info: Samurai162

Samurai162
7 years ago#8
This game is definitely on my all time favorites list. The soundtrack is one of my favorites as well.

User Info: Technowl

Technowl
6 years ago#9
I've never thought about it, but probably. If not, top 20 for sure. I have nothing but good (and often hilarious) memories from this game.
http://mikamishead.blogspot.com/ - misanthropic musings on gaming, retro and otherwise.

User Info: pacit

pacit
6 years ago#10
Top 10 - yes. But so is OoT. Like what was said earlier, this game just has a charm to it that you didn't get from other games. It doesn't frustrate you as much as Zelda mainly because of the colors, the humor, and definitely the soundtrack. I'd say this was the happier OoT.

Didn't really like GGA too much because of the platforming....the last castle frustrated me to no end but I finally beat it about 2 months ago - could have made it a speed run because of how many times I had to start over.
Mmph...I guess so
PSN: Tha_Prophet
  1. Boards
  2. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
  3. Is this in your top 10 games of all time?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A