• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mischief Makers
  3. So, after buying this game back in June, I'm finally starting.

User Info: El_Dustino

El_Dustino
5 years ago#1
There is a small story behind me getting the game, that I probably won't go into unless asked, that led me to not really even wanting to play it. I got it for 5 dollars, which is cool. The label was a bit scuffed, but hey, 5 dollars, and the game is what counts.

But, after almost three months of it sitting in its plain black bag, I happened upon it, and felt I better test it out, so I broke up my lovely N64, and popped the cart in. It worked! then I thought, well, let's just see how it plays...

Cut tome getting to World 2 and deciding that this was the next game I'm playing. X3 I'm sad that I waited until I was back in class to pick this guy up, it's really a fun little game!

I have a feeling that A rank and Gold Crystal Collecting will be hard... but still, it feels like this will be a fun experience... :3

Not sure why I posted this here, but I have seen many topics lie this, so I just thought I would add to the pile. X3
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.

User Info: _Data_Drain_

_Data_Drain_
5 years ago#2
Yeah, this game's quite the underrated gem.

And yeah... A ranking, and Gold Gem collecting is VERY hard. I JUST NOW got all the Gems... Took me WAY too long honestly. Took me many years... I know, I stink at games. ¬_¬;

Still, glad to see someone playing this game.

El_Dustino
5 years ago#3
I am glad to see that there is actually someone here at this place. :3

I have gotten through World II (the boss of this world was really fun! :3 ), and overall I have 5 gems, and not a single A rank. X3 This looks like it will be a hard game to complete... but it IS fun. :3

_Data_Drain_
5 years ago#4
Yeah, also... To get the Gold Gems on bosses, you need to not get hit ONCE during the fight.

Oddly though... Only the first major bosses were really hard for me to get the Gold Gem on...

Also, when you get to it, there's a glitch to make Cerberus Alpha MUCH easier to get the Gem on...

Try to time getting him into the second phase, while still holding a missile. And hit him with it just as he lands... If done right, he won't turn around, and you can beat him without going into the 3rd, or 4th phases.

User Info: MegaKirby

MegaKirby
5 years ago#5
A ranks for the most part aren't that hard really. But the thing is, A ranks are basically speed runs. Just take it easy as you play through for the first time. If you ever feel up to getting those ranks, you're gonna play through again abusing the slider kick jump to breeze across stages. Good luck with some of the gold gems, though. Most aren't too hard to find provided you have patience and look everywhere and shake everything and mess around with some stage/enemy gimmicks, but there's a forsaken one that may require a guide :P
If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill -

El_Dustino
5 years ago#6
Does the slider jump kick let you travel faster or something?

Also, thanks for the tip Data. :3

But... how do I not get hit on a boss like Flambee' ? ;~; Like, the only time I could damage him was by going down with him.

_Data_Drain_
5 years ago#7
Actually, I forgot to mention... The bosses you can't get damaged on are the main bosses in each world. (And two of them in the last world.)

I think you have to do something different with every other boss... Though I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

User Info: MegaKirby

MegaKirby
5 years ago#8
The slider jump is amazing for travel. Just try it, you move faster than boosting forward, and also jump about 1.5x higher. In a lot of stages, you can skip huge parts by jumping with it off a high area, and just boosting forward to glide a long way. Or if you just want horizontal speed, keep doing short hops off of the slider kick. As for the bosses, they can be a little tricky to perfect at first, you just gotta get down their patterns.

Flambee is actually one of the more 'competent' minibosses, since it hovers high and comes down from an angle, plus sometimes will attack stinger-first, making it one of the few bosses that you can't just grab easily out of any attack. As for the gold gems from minibosses, in general try shaking them a few times, even if there are no apparent results at first. That's how most work, but a few do have other gimmicks for their gold gem.
Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in. - Dingo Egret ~ Zone of the Enders 2
  1. Boards
  2. Mischief Makers
  3. So, after buying this game back in June, I'm finally starting.
  • Topic Archived