• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Black_Mazda_MX3

Black_Mazda_MX3
11 years ago#1
Ok, so I haven't played this game for a LOOONG time because it was stolen a couple years ago. But I only have the London cop race left to beat. I followed the cop race guide in the FAQ section. I used all the fast cars and couldn't win with any of them. So I decided to practice in free run. I turned off all traffic and peds, found the start of the race, and followed the route. I hit nothing, and was at full throttle as much as possible. I even tried a couple short cuts. At one point I skipped a checkpoint and still couldn't finish in time. No matter what car I use or how well I drive, I can't seem to finish in time. The best I could do is about 7 seconds late. Anyone think it's possible that it was just my disc and that the time was glitching? Has anyone else had this issue?

PS: I'm getting another disc today or tomorrow and will continue trying to beat it.
"Can you hear the silence... Can you see the blindness... Running in the dark..."

Black_Mazda_MX3
11 years ago#2
Lol. Right after that post, it arrived via UPS.
"Can you hear the silence... Can you see the blindness... Running in the dark..."

User Info: baby ice dog

baby ice dog
11 years ago#3
Heh, wish I could help, but I never managed to get anywhere near beating that cop race myself :( I didn't stick with it as much as you obviously have, I had enough of a problem avoiding the cops without having to worry whether my car was fast enough to even make the time :S
-: bite first, ask questions later :-

Black_Mazda_MX3
11 years ago#4
Dude.... >.< The disc I got is defective.... When I got it, I took the little white stickers off to see what was under them. The front had a yellow sticker that said, "DEFECTIVE - Return to WH." They didn't even bother to take the thing off. They just covered it and sent it out as if there was nothing wrong. Well, low and behold, it really is defective. EVERY one of the fast cars in the game doesn't handle properly. Barely touch the steering and it turns WAY too much. That never happened with my old disc. And another thing I noticed is that there is even LESS time to beat the cop races with this disc. >.< This is quite infuriating. I'm very upset with GameStop right now. The ONLY reason I bought the thing was to beat the final race. But the defect makes this impossible. I understand that it's used, but if it's THAT messed up, it should be trashed and not sent out to someone who payed for a working disc and had to wait forever for it. I have OCD, so it drives me insane when I can't beat a game. I wouldn't mind so much if it were really just that hard, but I don't usually have the ability to accept that something isn't possible. I keep trying and getting more frustrated. I have half a mind to hop a bus to the warehouse and throw it in their faces and make them give me one that works.

User Info: baby ice dog

baby ice dog
11 years ago#5
Wow, a defective disc still with the sticker on? What on earth were they thinking? :S And it plays but the handling is off? Heh, that sounds crazy!
The cop race is possible, I'm sure - we had a topic on here about it that was around until a few months ago, and although most of us had tried it and given up after a few goes, there was at least one hotshot who'd stuck to it and got it done. I wish I knew some tips for ya!
-: bite first, ask questions later :-

Black_Mazda_MX3
11 years ago#6
I know it's possible, but I would think only on a disc that isn't this defective. The race leaves room for nearly no error at all. And if you can't keep the car steady, it slows you down a lot. I just ran through the game about halfway again from the beginning to get some more practice in, but as soon as the faster cars are needed, it becomes impossible due to the messed up handling. I would just use some sort of code for infinite time, but I looked around and it doesn't seem to exist. I do have one that supposedly makes it so you always have a low time, but that doesn't stop the time from running out. I'm going to keep playing for as long as I can and hope that I accidentally win or something. Maybe the car will accidentally go exactly where I need it to. >.<
  • Topic Archived