• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Magic Knight Rayearth
  3. Must....revive....board!

User Info: mrplaystation

mrplaystation
10 years ago#41
Hey guys, I am late to the party, but better now than never, right?

I have had an hankering to play MGR again, but should I go with the Japanese version, or the NA release?

Also, with the NA release, which disk do you have? I have the Fuu disk, which is apparently the common one.
http://backloggery.com/justinzero

User Info: MARl0

MARl0
10 years ago#42
Get the US version. Working Designs did a great job with it.

And I have the Umi disk. Which rocks, because she's my favorite. ^_^
Currently playing: Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica (ps2)
Brawl FC: 1547 4850 5100 / Tetris Party FC: 1333 0824 9374

User Info: Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
10 years ago#43
Definitely the US version.

I have the Fuu disc as well. I really want the Umi disc though. Is it true that the Hikaru disc is the rarest of the three?

And on another tangent, I nearly ended up broke after this week. I wound up with some nice purchases though. I bought Lost Universe as a friend recommended it as a nice follow up to Slayers. I managed to find a US copy of Haunted Junction, which has been out of print for a while now. And I bought F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection and Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad for the Xbox 360 and Cooking Mana World Kitchen for the Wii.

User Info: Chewurface

Chewurface
10 years ago#44
Is it true that the Hikaru disc is the rarest of the three?

I've never seen any official numbers...people say Hikaru is the rarest, but it's just hearsay.

My disc does happen to be the Hikaru variant.
FFXI:Chewurface|Midgardsormr - Retired
Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, 'ooh, this could be a little more sonic'?

MARl0
10 years ago#45
I also bought a crap load of stuff this week. I picked up Onechanbara for both the Wii and 360 (believe it or not, the Wii version is actually better), House of the Dead Overkill on the Wii, Clannad collection 1 on DVD, and Samurai 7 box set on Blu ray.

Chewurface
10 years ago#46
This weeks purchases for me:

- House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)
- Tenchu: Shadow Assassins (Wii)
- Retro Game Challenge (DS)
- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
- Pulstar (MVS)

Actually, Pulstar was last week, but it arrived on Monday, so it counts! =P

Interesting to hear the Onechanbara is better on the Wii...what are the differences? The X360 and Wii versions have different subtitles so I thought they may be different games. I was thinking about picking it up, but am undecided about which version to get.
Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, 'ooh, this could be a little more sonic'?

MARl0
10 years ago#47
The Wii version is the sequel to the 360 version (the 360 version was also released way before the Wii version in Japan). The Wii version just feels a lot more polished. The camera is a lot better, and it's easier to manage. The 360 version also feels a bit clunkier in general with the character movement. These are typical improvements in sequels though, so it's no surprise that the Wii version feels a bit better.

Though both versions are still good. They're great budget titles. And definitely a guilty pleasure. ^^;

MARl0
10 years ago#48
Also, the Wii version has more playable characters. :P

User Info: Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
10 years ago#49
Hmm...I might have to check out the Wii title then.

My guilty pleasure was F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. Played the first one and the crummy expansions on the 360. Got this one and it's already made me jump within the first 2 hours of gameplay. It's definitely a cult classic series to own.

Chewurface
10 years ago#50
Thanks for the info.
  1. Boards
  2. Magic Knight Rayearth
  3. Must....revive....board!
  • Topic Archived