• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Are Link and Zelda supposed to be siblings?

User Info: Fingerpuppet

Fingerpuppet
1 month ago#61
It's immoral to be as brain dead as you. There is absolutely zero compelling evidence indicating that Link and Zelda are related.
www.goarmy.com
Fingerpuppet posted...
It's immoral to be as brain dead as you. There is absolutely zero compelling evidence indicating that Link and Zelda are related.
I'm still waiting for this compelling evidence. Apparently having blonde hair makes you royalty. Going into the lost woods as a hylian means you're royalty. Because he has triforce of courage, he's royalty. It's all just speculation, no hard evidence. Just like the original idiots of this topic that said just because you can't disprove it, means it's fact. Of course it was mostly one guy and his alt accounts anyways. Now you have this Chen guy that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Who knows who's alt this new user of the month is that is just sitting on the fence.
(message deleted)

User Info: Chen06

Chen06
1 month ago#65
Well yes, as I said it's all speculation, you're the one setting up the strawman of supposed "evidence" and vigorously attacking it. I enjoy these speculations. If the narrative can be integrated with other parts of the game, as I've shown before, it makes for an interesting theory to think about.

@0zma
The Forest Temple is a fortress to protect the royal family from attackers. This conclusion is reached by taking a closer look at the Forest Temple. Though, if you can think of another explanation of what the Forest Temple is, I'd be interested in hearing that.

Looking at its architecture, it's obviously man-made and designed for defence, what with there only one narrow path leading up to it, preceded by a small labyrinth that can only be reached by going through the Lost Woods. It's a fortress built on high ground. Inside, you get various chambers and a garden. So, who could have build it and for what purpose? It was neither the Gorons, nor the Zoras, nor the Kokiris since each of them live differently. The Gerudos have their own temple, people from the farm don't have the means. Neither do the people of Kakariko. So maybe it was the Sheikah? But those serve the royal family. What would servants need an entire fortress with pretty gardens inside for? Who else, but the royal family would have the means to build it, and design it the way it is?

It could've been someone living there before the royal family of Hyrule, who was defeated by them, but why would you assume the existence of a third party for which there is no hint, if it could've just as well been the royal family themselves? I remember very specifically that the war of the past was a civil war, so there shouldn't have been a third party involved.

Another interesting idea I had recently is related to how the Kokiri do not age, but are said to die when they leave the forest. Which is obviously false, seeing how you see one of the Kokiri during the credits outside of the forest. So what if what happens when they leave is merely that they age? Wouldn't the inverse mean, that people living in the forest do not age? But then there's the thing about people turning into monsters. So Link obviously didn't turn into a monster, but lived in the forest. What if he lived there longer than we thought? Possibly hundred of years. Maybe he isn't Zeldas brother, but one of her ancestors? Truly the hero of time! There's the thing where it's mentioned that he is 9 years old as a child, but I don't remember it exactly and it could've been phrased in a way that is more about his looks than his actual age. Like how the Kokiri are still referred to as children, despite being basically immortals.
WELCOME TO THE JAPARI PARK

User Info: 0zma

0zma
1 month ago#66
Chen06 posted...
Well yes, as I said it's all speculation, you're the one setting up the strawman of supposed "evidence" and vigorously attacking it. I enjoy these speculations. If the narrative can be integrated with other parts of the game, as I've shown before, it makes for an interesting theory to think about.

@0zma
The Forest Temple is a fortress to protect the royal family from attackers. This conclusion is reached by taking a closer look at the Forest Temple. Though, if you can think of another explanation of what the Forest Temple is, I'd be interested in hearing that.

Looking at its architecture, it's obviously man-made and designed for defence, what with there only one narrow path leading up to it, preceded by a small labyrinth that can only be reached by going through the Lost Woods. It's a fortress built on high ground. Inside, you get various chambers and a garden. So, who could have build it and for what purpose? It was neither the Gorons, nor the Zoras, nor the Kokiris since each of them live differently. The Gerudos have their own temple, people from the farm don't have the means. Neither do the people of Kakariko. So maybe it was the Sheikah? But those serve the royal family. What would servants need an entire fortress with pretty gardens inside for? Who else, but the royal family would have the means to build it, and design it the way it is?

It could've been someone living there before the royal family of Hyrule, who was defeated by them, but why would you assume the existence of a third party for which there is no hint, if it could've just as well been the royal family themselves? I remember very specifically that the war of the past was a civil war, so there shouldn't have been a third party involved.

Another interesting idea I had recently is related to how the Kokiri do not age, but are said to die when they leave the forest. Which is obviously false, seeing how you see one of the Kokiri during the credits outside of the forest. So what if what happens when they leave is merely that they age? Wouldn't the inverse mean, that people living in the forest do not age? But then there's the thing about people turning into monsters. So Link obviously didn't turn into a monster, but lived in the forest. What if he lived there longer than we thought? Possibly hundred of years. Maybe he isn't Zeldas brother, but one of her ancestors? Truly the hero of time! There's the thing where it's mentioned that he is 9 years old as a child, but I don't remember it exactly and it could've been phrased in a way that is more about his looks than his actual age. Like how the Kokiri are still referred to as children, despite being basically immortals.
I think that you're jumping to conclusions a bit with this, but even if I did subscribe to it, I'm not exactly one to use one unconfirmed theory as evidence of another unconfirmed theory. And the idea that the Forest Temple is some kind of fortress for the royal family requires even more leaps than theorizing a familial tie between Link and Zelda, because the game gives us no background about the Forest Temple and nothing we do know about it is out-of-place compared to the other temples in the game.

User Info: Chen06

Chen06
1 month ago#67
The Temple of Time and the Shadow Temple are related to the royal family, as well. Though, the history of the Shadow Temple is even more gruesome. The Forest Temple exists, which means someone would have needed to build it. Who was it? If two unrelated theories support each other, that just strengthens both, doesn't it?
WELCOME TO THE JAPARI PARK
Chen06 posted...
The Temple of Time and the Shadow Temple are related to the royal family, as well. Though, the history of the Shadow Temple is even more gruesome. The Forest Temple exists, which means someone would have needed to build it. Who was it? If two unrelated theories support each other, that just strengthens both, doesn't it?
Wtf kind of nonsense are you talking about now?

User Info: 0zma

0zma
1 month ago#69
Chen06 posted...
The problem (well, one among many) is that your theory doesn’t really strengthen this one...If anything, it weakens it.

If we assume that the Queen was seeking refuge in the Forest Temple when she died, then it’s not unreasonable to assume that the King knew about the temple, too. But he evidently didn’t try searching the forest or just asking the Deku Tree about the fate of his wife once the war was over, or else Link would not have been raised as a Kokiri. And he didn’t suspect anything when Zelda recounted a dream in which a young boy of great prominence emerged from the forest in a beam of light.

As to what the Forest Temple is actually there for, I recall Saria linking it to “forest spirits” at at least two points — plus, cleansing it of Ganon’s evil is what allows the Deku Tree Sprout to start growing. So I would imagine the temple was designed as a place to worship these supposed forest spirits, just as the Water Temple was used to worship water spirits according to Kaepora-what’s-his-name. Darunia even alludes to “fire spirits” when he becomes a sage, claiming that the Fire Medallion contains their power. So maybe worshipping the spirits of their respective elements are what all of the temples are for.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Are Link and Zelda supposed to be siblings?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers