• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Are Link and Zelda supposed to be siblings?

User Info: Fingerpuppet

Fingerpuppet
1 month ago#41
I had hoped that this topic died
www.goarmy.com
Fingerpuppet posted...
I had hoped that this topic died
So bump it 2 weeks later, smart. I’m bumping 11 hours later and that’s bad.

User Info: Chen06

Chen06
1 month ago#43
Putting it like that, yeah, I'm pretty sure they are siblings, maybe even twins. It was probably never mentioned explicitly since it's such a boring cliche for some orphaned kid to be secretly related to royalty. But it explains how he can activate the magic with the Lullaby song. I'd imagine that just knowing the song shouldn't be enough to get access to all these places, you'd also have to actually be part of the royal family. Two factor authentication and all that.

Then their mother could have been one of the Sheikah. They were apparently nearly wiped out during the civil war, so that would also explain how Link ended up with the Deku Tree and no one ever searched for him, since he was presumed dead.
DIE ATLUS U.S.A., DIE

User Info: MistressFi

MistressFi
1 month ago#44
Chen06 posted...
It was probably never mentioned explicitly since it's such a boring cliche for some orphaned kid to be secretly related to royalty.

Not like the rest of the game is significantly less cliched, to be fair.

But yeah, I do like that they don’t outright tell you whether they are or aren’t. The fact that it’s ambiguous makes it all the more intriguing.

User Info: Fingerpuppet

Fingerpuppet
2 weeks ago#45
Except that they aren't siblings and there is not an iota of evidence supporting that conclusion that isn't contrived or obtuse.
www.goarmy.com

User Info: run2pee

run2pee
2 weeks ago#46
Fingerpuppet posted...
Except that they aren't siblings and there is not an iota of evidence supporting that conclusion that isn't contrived or obtuse.

Lol

This sounds eerily like NO COLLUSION NO QUID PRO QUO NOTHING TO SEE HERE WITCH HUNT
The right thing ... what is it? I wonder ... if you do the right thing ... does it make everybody happy?

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
2 weeks ago#47
What's their last name?
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Man got me a 9 and she sexy

User Info: Mikk

Mikk
2 weeks ago#48
Jiggy101011 posted...
What's their last name?

Zelda von Hylia
http://i.imgur.com/PMzaOmq.png

User Info: 0zma

0zma
2 weeks ago#49
Jiggy101011 posted...
What's their last name?

According to The Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild, Zelda's is apparently just "Hyrule".

User Info: Chen06

Chen06
2 weeks ago#50
Another clue that supports the theory is something that gets reiterated by a gossip stone: "when non-fairy folks enter the Lost Woods, they become monsters". Link obviously isn't fairy folk. So why isn't he turning into a monster? And what lies behind the Lost Woods is the Forest Temple. A place linked to the royal family, who obviously had to go through the Lost Woods to enter.

Meaning Link being unaffected by the Lost Woods can be explained by him being of the royal bloodline.
WELCOME TO THE JAPARI PARK
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Are Link and Zelda supposed to be siblings?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers