• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Does the inevitable loss to Undertale bother you?

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
4 years ago#31
Blue_Inigo posted...
The owner of the site said this was bulls***. The votes are legit

He said this with no form of proof, and suggested we respond by advertising this site and making him more money. .....Hmmm...I sense no ulterior motive here.
Welcome to the Internet, where stating your opinion is a declaration of war.

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
4 years ago#32
Darkest-Lord122 posted...
Blue_Inigo posted...

He said this with no form of proof, and suggested we respond by advertising this site and making him more money. .....Hmmm...I sense no ulterior motive here.

Yes, let's believe your dumb conspiracies with no rational idea behind them instead of the owner of the site.
"This is your last dance."

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 years ago#33
Mediocre_Dunce posted...
capgamer posted...
ssn560 posted...
Ocarina of Time's win back in 2009 in a nutshell.

Fair. Ha ha.

I love Ocarina of Time. Definitely one of my favorite games though I'm sick of it by this point just from having played it so much. I haven't tried Undertale, so it's possible I'd enjoy that game too. This controversy and the general Undertale "fanbase" (if you can call it that, more like Tumblir troll squad) has kind of put a sour taste in my mouth. If you go to the PC board it's basically unusable at this point due to all the stupid Undertale controversy topics.

Maybe I'll check out Undertale at some point in the future when the hype and controversy have died down. As they often do, the "fanbase", or whatever it is, is ruining it for me.

I feel kinda the same about Undertale. I've played the demo it I'll definitely be buying it someday but I do feel a little negative towards it at the moment. This game just comes out of nowhere and I hear about it all over the place and now all these people are swarming on this contest and........yeah. I'm going to give it a few months before I buy it because of my negative feelings at the moment. It's kind of weird because a lot of the people against Undertale are calling it an "SJW game" and so on. That's not me. I'm just irked to see people bandwagoning this random indie game. It's like Five Night's at Freddies.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/180989-undertale/72997262

Pretty good topic on this thing I guess.

It really is the FNAF of 2015. The fanbase will die down within a year, and the game will be largely forgotten.
Currently playing: Games. Lots of them.
https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/2132/510/original.jpg

Zero_Maniac
4 years ago#34
Blue_Inigo posted...
Darkest-Lord122 posted...
Blue_Inigo posted...

Yes, let's believe your dumb conspiracies with no rational idea behind them instead of the owner of the site.

What, you think he doesn't want more money? Really? And you really think he's just going to come out and say it? Seriously dude, businesses pull the same type of stuff, and SBAllen kinda is running a small business anyways.

User Info: NFITC1

NFITC1
4 years ago#35
Does it bother me that Ocarina is losing (not lost)? No
Does it bother me that Undertale is winning? Yes
Do I think either are bad games? No, they're both great. BUT, Undertale is still too young to be considered "Best Ever". The year isn't even technically over so we can't even call it "best of 2015" for certain.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3361/jokertotabx7.png
Happily married since May 31, 2003

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
4 years ago#36
Psycho_Poodle posted...
Ocarina of Time is overrated. Undertale really is all that and a bottle of Lon Lon milk.

Pretty much. Nostalgia goggles is really an interesting thing here.
There are two types of men in this world. Intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.

Zero_Maniac
4 years ago#37
ssn560 posted...
Psycho_Poodle posted...
Ocarina of Time is overrated. Undertale really is all that and a bottle of Lon Lon milk.

Pretty much. Nostalgia goggles is really an interesting thing here.

It's funny because Undertale is more overrated than OoT at this point. Nostalgia goggles? I didn't play OoT for the first time until I hit High School, and it's still in my top 5 games of all time, along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, TES IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy VII, and Chrono Trigger.

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
4 years ago#38
Zero_Maniac posted...
Nostalgia goggles? I didn't play OoT for the first time until I hit High School, and it's still in my top 5 games of all time, along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, TES IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy VII, and Chrono Trigger.

Nostalgia goggles is someone's tunnel vision when it comes to objects from their past, such as cartoons, video games, even books. In this case, it's definitely a factor when you compare it to everything that came after it, especially Majora's Mask.
There are two types of men in this world. Intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.

Zero_Maniac
4 years ago#39
ssn560 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Nostalgia goggles? I didn't play OoT for the first time until I hit High School, and it's still in my top 5 games of all time, along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, TES IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy VII, and Chrono Trigger.

Nostalgia goggles is someone's tunnel vision when it comes to objects from their past, such as cartoons, video games, even books. In this case, it's definitely a factor when you compare it to everything that came after it, especially Majora's Mask.

I know what they are. I still like OoT much more than most other Zeldas. MM was good, but not better than OoT. Close, though. LttP was good, but OoT is pretty much a better version of it. Keep in mind I was born in '97. I grew up with the 6th generation consoles. I wasn't old enough to play OoT at its release. I don't have nostalgia for it.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Does the inevitable loss to Undertale bother you?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A