• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Does the inevitable loss to Undertale bother you?

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
4 years ago#21
capgamer posted...
Hooray for votestuffing and bots! Hooray for meaningless popularity contests!

Ocarina of Time's win back in 2009 in a nutshell.
There are two types of men in this world. Intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.

User Info: TonyaLunchTime

TonyaLunchTime
4 years ago#22
lol what happened to everyone???

i wonder if undertale will ever have as much of a presence in the strong museum as ocarina does...?
sorry dad i guess we all just fell for chung mania.

User Info: capgamer

capgamer
4 years ago#23
ssn560 posted...

Fair. Ha ha.

I love Ocarina of Time. Definitely one of my favorite games though I'm sick of it by this point just from having played it so much. I haven't tried Undertale, so it's possible I'd enjoy that game too. This controversy and the general Undertale "fanbase" (if you can call it that, more like Tumblir troll squad) has kind of put a sour taste in my mouth. If you go to the PC board it's basically unusable at this point due to all the stupid Undertale controversy topics.

Maybe I'll check out Undertale at some point in the future when the hype and controversy have died down. As they often do, the "fanbase", or whatever it is, is ruining it for me.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
4 years ago#24
capgamer posted...
ssn560 posted...

Fair. Ha ha.

I love Ocarina of Time. Definitely one of my favorite games though I'm sick of it by this point just from having played it so much. I haven't tried Undertale, so it's possible I'd enjoy that game too. This controversy and the general Undertale "fanbase" (if you can call it that, more like Tumblir troll squad) has kind of put a sour taste in my mouth. If you go to the PC board it's basically unusable at this point due to all the stupid Undertale controversy topics.

Maybe I'll check out Undertale at some point in the future when the hype and controversy have died down. As they often do, the "fanbase", or whatever it is, is ruining it for me.

I feel kinda the same about Undertale. I've played the demo it I'll definitely be buying it someday but I do feel a little negative towards it at the moment. This game just comes out of nowhere and I hear about it all over the place and now all these people are swarming on this contest and........yeah. I'm going to give it a few months before I buy it because of my negative feelings at the moment. It's kind of weird because a lot of the people against Undertale are calling it an "SJW game" and so on. That's not me. I'm just irked to see people bandwagoning this random indie game. It's like Five Night's at Freddies.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/180989-undertale/72997262

Pretty good topic on this thing I guess.
You're obviously below average intellect, then.
-Jaewong

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
4 years ago#25
Nope is just a silly contest.

User Info: TeeTheWicked

TeeTheWicked
4 years ago#26
Am I the only one voting solely on enjoyment factor? I've been voting for the game that I enjoyed more since the beginning. But honestly, they are all great games, so even though some of the game I picked didn't win, it's all good to me, because the winner was still a great game every time.
Alpha Sapphire IGN: Tee; FC: 2724-0433-0211
Brave Frontier ID: 8516006439

User Info: Baptiejames

Baptiejames
4 years ago#27
Peter_19 posted...
A game can both be buggy as hell and lack any serious challenge (like Final Fantasy 6, for example) and still touch your heart deeply and end up as one of the best games of all time.

Undertale is one of those games that touches your heart too.
People who haven't experienced the story and bash the game are mostly people avoiding the game based on its fans.

The bullet hell RPG style works well in my opinion, Undertale isn't the first to experiment with RPG systems. The Mario and Luigi games stuck the Bros. Jumping abilities into the RPG to dodge attacks.
The bullet dodging is of a similar vein to that.
In Disgaea 5 I went into the Item World and found an Ochre Jelly named Never Forget Me.
He will live on in my heart forever.

User Info: TeeTheWicked

TeeTheWicked
4 years ago#28
Baptiejames posted...

Undertale is one of those games that touches your heart too.
People who haven't experienced the story and bash the game are mostly people avoiding the game based on its fans.

People can claim it's the fans that are causing the bashing and avoidance, but in reality, it's this poll that's causing it. All of this backlash would be virtually nonexistent if Undertale hadn't beat a bunch of "classic". The huge backlash didn't start until Undertale beat SMW, and only increased as it went on to beat other "classics". Yet there was virtually no backlash when Undertale beat ME3 and Fallout 3. It's quite sad, I wish everyone could just enjoy this popularity contest instead of flooding the Undertale board with butthurt threads bashing the game and it's fans just because it beat a "classic".

In closing, I sincerely hope that either Undertale or Ocarina of Time wins the finals.
Alpha Sapphire IGN: Tee; FC: 2724-0433-0211
Brave Frontier ID: 8516006439

User Info: Psycho_Poodle

Psycho_Poodle
4 years ago#29
Ocarina of Time is overrated. Undertale really is all that and a bottle of Lon Lon milk.
Topic over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSGwgCIxSjA

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
4 years ago#30
lastfirstborn posted...
Well they did use bots and brigading on reddit, tumblr, and other sites. Since it's not a serious contest no one cares when proof is presented (screen shots of the planning and behavior).

Said bots and multi votes through other means did beat Mario 64, original Pokemon, etc. when absolutely no win was deserved. We all see those same games win by a landslide every year till OOT and FF7 clash for a final winner.

Then again you can't get too mad over stupid s*** like this, L Block won the character contest one year. It's just that then, it was because it was funny, and not bots. UT is alright, but hardly qualifies as a game. And it certainly doesn't beat some of the legendary rpgs or platformers of yesteryear. We all know this. Even UT fans admit it in raid discussions. It's why they are botting in the first place. I'd love to see them lose just because they're cheating, not because I hate that game.

The owner of the site said this was bulls***. The votes are legit
"This is your last dance."
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Does the inevitable loss to Undertale bother you?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers