• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Anyone else who finds this game scary?

User Info: Starwing6

Starwing6
9 years ago#1
Topic. I myself find this game scary at some points, especially in places with skulltulas. Now, I know that skulltulas are just annoying and weak enemies, but their appearance, especially in parts such as in Forest Temple where you have to run in the falling ceiling part and them jumping down from such high heights can make them very frightening and startling.

I haven't played this much since 1999 when I was 8 years old(am 19 now), but I do still find this game scary. I also had a dream back in 1999 where I was first in kokiri forest as adult link, but it was desolate and soon I found myself in a dark room with only light coming from an open door(which was the main room where you do the 4 torches thing in the Forest temple), and I went up to it, found myself exiting the temple and refused to fight the skulltula, and there was a second one at the entrance door blocking my path, and they told me that I had better fight them, and when I refused and tried to run away I felt this force turn me around and I saw this alligator/crocodile laying down in a bed about to eat me. Apparantly the skulltulas were feeding me to the crocodile. I then woke up very scared.

Anyway, the skulltulas are a real big scary part of this game, especially the place where you were eaten by a whale as kid link, you go there as adult link and somewhere around there is a rock, which you lift up, and I went in there and lifted it up(this again was back in 1999) and went in, walked a little while and was suddenly knocked down by an invisible thing, so I equipped the Lens of Truth and saw the now revealed skulltulas, which SCARED AND STARTLED me, I had to leave the room for 10 minutes and watch disney cartoons before I recovered and went back in and killed them.

Anyway, did anyone else find this game scary and what are your thoughts on this?
Are you ready to face a Holy God?
www.NeedGod.com

User Info: Koopa64

Koopa64
9 years ago#2
Skulltulas are somewhat scary, but they're like Goombas compared to the Shadow Temple. The white creatures that surface from the ground are the worst. It's like one of the programmers saw a bit of Resident Evil and thought it'd be cool to put a horror influenced enemy into the game.
I hate people who jump to conclusions. Actually, I hate a lot of things...
Not changing this until TimeSplitters 4 is released! (started 4/25/09)

User Info: Srg_Slaughter

Srg_Slaughter
9 years ago#3
Inb4bloodygullotines.

User Info: FMafia

FMafia
9 years ago#4
Did you have fear of spiders as a child?
MHtri ID: WR4XLF - Ign: Gates

User Info: Starwing6

Starwing6
9 years ago#5
No, I didn't have a fear of spiders in general, but my fear of the skulltulas basically made the game unplayable for me.
Are you ready to face a Holy God?
www.NeedGod.com

User Info: FMafia

FMafia
9 years ago#6
Have you ever played Majora's Mask? It's the sequel to this game you should try playing it it's great, not scary at all.
MHtri ID: WR4XLF - Ign: Gates

User Info: Tipsy25

Tipsy25
9 years ago#7
This game used to scare me when I was young.
Skulltulas...I was so scared of them and whenever I "hear" the gold skulltulas I would lower the volume down and either find it and kill it or get out of the room.

And the wallmasters, no explanation needed.

User Info: jondias

jondias
9 years ago#8
I've been frightened of those Wallmasters in every version of Zelda I've played. Thanks, Nintendo, now I constantly have to check the ceiling for giant hands during my day-to-day life.

User Info: XxNote_WorthyxX

XxNote_WorthyxX
9 years ago#9

FMafia posted...
Have you ever played Majora's Mask? It's the sequel to this game you should try playing it it's great, not scary

Wow, good one, Majora's Mask is way scarier and more disturbing form what i remember

User Info: JoeBudden42

JoeBudden42
9 years ago#10
the bottom of the well is scary, and shadow temple and the graveyard too. all quite scary. almost as scary as MOOD MUZIK 4 IS GONNA BE OUGGHGHHGHHHHHH

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  3. Anyone else who finds this game scary?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A