• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. How Often Do You All Replay LoD?

User Info: Kanaya413

Kanaya413
4 weeks ago#11
At least once a year
Zzzz

User Info: MsRenndilya

MsRenndilya
4 weeks ago#12
I took a look through the information in the google drive thing. I never knew there was so much dragon ranks and that dragoons had ranks as well. I went to a Japanese LoD wiki and came to learn about how dragon ranks are linked to the amount of magical eyes they posses too. Pseudo Dragons have only one magical eye denoting less power while the strongest dragon the Dragon God(The Divine Dragon) is the only dragon being to posses 7 magical eyes. The other dragons that the party is chosen by have 6 eyes after looking at them all in their summon animation.. meaning the party consists of the highest rank of Dragoons and Dragons which is neat. This is why they can summon six eyed dragons. Dart ends up becoming a God level dragoon because he attains the power of the highest ranking dragon existence. This is all awesome stuff to find out. Thanks a lot for the links and the effort in compiling all this. I also found out in the Japanese Legend of Dragoon wiki that there was an LoD 2 project going on the got cancelled. Man whomever decided that it was a good idea to do that is a pos and needs to be punished severely.

By the way when I turned on my game today I was grinding for my fourth and last Bandits Ring and got it in only 5 minutes haha yess!
Please Nintendo make Bowsette canon, she's amazing!

MsRenndilya
4 weeks ago#13
Do enemies drop items when Rose does Demons Gate? I'm hoping to get a Magical hat from Bogey battles. I have Alberts Blossom Storm mastered so he helps me kill them fast but I calculated that it's faster with Demons Gate. So please help!! It's frustrating me! I reset 6 times and haven't seen one yet. I know it's a 2% drop but gahh!

User Info: DrewUniverse

DrewUniverse
4 weeks ago#14
MsRenndilya posted...
I went to a Japanese LoD wiki and came to learn about how dragon ranks are linked to the amount of magical eyes they posses too.

Yes, that's one of my favorite parts of Dragon lore. Eyes determine rank (out of seven). Since Dragoon Spirits inherit the rank of the Dragon they came from, that also determines what rank Dragon can be taken as a vassal or otherwise forced to fight alongside them. As each DS (sans Divine) is a six-eye Dragon, vassals must have five eyes or less.

Could you please link this Japanese wiki? We have been searching for one for years on and off, and it sounds like it wasn't entirely exclusionary of the guidebook data. This could save us a ton of time with translating the guidebook itself as a result.

MsRenndilya posted...
...while the strongest dragon the Dragon God(The Divine Dragon) is the only dragon being to posses 7 magical eyes.

Although it is surely an innocent mistake, this is not correct. There is a second Dragon with seven eyes indicated by the developers via their guidebook. There is at least one long section about it including a fight of some kind. Also, six-eye spirits are the second-highest rank, not the highest, but it seems you corrected yourself later regarding Dart and the Divine DS. This is estranged data though, so I get it. Just for clarity!

MsRenndilya posted...
I also found out in the Japanese Legend of Dragoon wiki that there was an LoD 2 project going on the got cancelled. Man whomever decided that it was a good idea to do that is a pos and needs to be punished severely.

I'm surprised you found that out through a wiki first. Most of us learned it through Shuhei's own blog on playstation.com in 2012. There is one article about it in a magazine somewhere, including concept art for the project, but nobody has come forward with a scanned image of the article. I'm still hopeful.

Edit: Yes, Demon's Gate does not remove eligibility for minor mob drops. Best chance at a Magical Hat from Bogeys is to keep using different actions between all three characters, and getting lucky.

MsRenndilya
4 weeks ago#15
Here is the link to the Japanese LoD wiki...

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/レジェンド_オブ_ドラグーン

I found it by simply copy pasting some of the Japanese script on the Drive file(the info about Human/Demon usage of magical forces) pasted it into google and the second result is the Japanese wiki page for LoD. I had to use a sloppy google translator to understand it lol!

By the way I have a potentially simple question.. oddly enough considering how much I played this game. I should know this perhaps but I don't here goes. Do you know if you can still win items after battle if you cast Demons Gate with Rose?

User Info: DrewUniverse

DrewUniverse
4 weeks ago#16
I saw that Demon's Gate part right after posting, so I appended an answer to my above message. Timing!

Nice find! I thought you meant an entire wiki site. Although it's just the single-page Wikipedia entry, that is a remarkably well-written article compared to the English entry on Wikipedia. That is some stellar detail, and it seems well organized. Points to the editors that contributed.. color me impressed!! Thank you for sharing - now we can research it too.

MsRenndilya
4 weeks ago#17
DrewUniverse posted...
I saw that Demon's Gate part right after posting, so I appended an answer to my above message. Timing!

Nice find! I thought you meant an entire wiki site. Although it's just the single-page Wikipedia entry, that is a remarkably well-written article compared to the English entry on Wikipedia. That is some stellar detail, and it seems well organized. Points to the editors that contributed.. color me impressed!! Thank you for sharing - now we can research it too.

Yayy I got one! Using magic increases drop rates!!! I so happy.

MsRenndilya
4 weeks ago#18
Welp I just realized that I missed the Material Shield back in the Black Castle so I deleted my file(I hate imperfect files.) No big loss considering there are many things about this games plot that annoy me so I'm glad it's gone meh.

User Info: The_Theorum

The_Theorum
4 weeks ago#19
Once a month.
"Maria. She's like that girl that people only want her for her daddy's money, and her daddy's money is Seibzehn." - Q_Sensei

MsRenndilya
4 weeks ago#20
Man this game is imbalanced. I ran numbers on end game tiers. The creators of the game were really bad at managing balance my god. Meru is supposed to be a mage primarily but they made her op'd physically too end game... why I mean she already trumps everyone's speed. Why did they want to build her up over everyone else... is it her game or something. She ends up physically superior to Dart for crying out loud. Even when he wields a weapon that slowly kills him. That's pretty bad that Dart with Soul Eater and Attack Badge killing himself to be a strong as possible cant keep up with a freakin mage and her clumsy hammer use ugh. Rose is a battle hardened ancient fighter yet her base str stat ends up lower than stupid Meru... 142(Rose) 147(Meru) sure Rose ends up better because Dragon Buster but that still does not excuse it. I mean she already has better speed, mag and mag def and dragoon spells than Rose but a better FA and str stat too ffs! Kongol is supposed to be a physical powerhouse yet they somehow managed to mess him up too worse than everyone so he ends up sub par on all fronts. It lame how op's they made her end game the only way the MAIN hero can surpass her end game is living as a divine dragoon full time but even then Meru is bestowed greater dragoon capabilities than everyone else beside DD Dart. They dropped the ball in so many way on this game. I actually realized after all these years how horrible this game is and never plan on doing another playthrough. Good thing the game and jewel case is in decent flawless working order so I can sell it on Ebay. It's actually being useful that way.

Horrible job LoD creators and glad I am that another Meru worship.. oops I mean LoD game will never be made. As it will assuredly be as severely flawed as this garbage heap of a game is.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. How Often Do You All Replay LoD?
  • Topic Archived