• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. how do you guys play?

User Info: mattmonster1991

mattmonster1991
2 months ago#1
i always use additions as my attacks unless i get a super high magic attack i use the high level additions and have no real issues hitting them

but i dont think im using the games full systems to there max like i didnt know what speed ups or downs were and how to stratiegise around them i felt its just best to attack and always have 1 person to heal like meru

my normal party is dart albert meru and sometimes hashel instead of albert bu hashels additions r a bit harder and awkward i dont like rose anymore i find her to be to weak

shana to me isnt strong enough and shes only good at magic and u dont get very many strong magic attacks in the game i just dont see why i should use her instead of meru. am i looking at this wrong?
professional boxing and mma fighter black belt under relson gracie

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
2 months ago#2
I always try to use different party combos when i run through. Meru/Haschel are classic, but I really like Shana/Kongol as well. Never done a Kongol/Albert though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: mattmonster1991

mattmonster1991
2 months ago#3
Master_Norris69 posted...
I always try to use different party combos when i run through. Meru/Haschel are classic, but I really like Shana/Kongol as well. Never done a Kongol/Albert though.

my first run was super hard at 12 years old albert kongol with no equipment or additions lol i didnt realize u could use equipment and additions i only use potions ect kongol was always dying fast
professional boxing and mma fighter black belt under relson gracie

User Info: Grandlethal364

Grandlethal364
2 months ago#4
Yeah my first playthough was with Albert and Kongol. This was before I discovered Gamefaqs so I had no one to give me advice and, to my 10 year old brain, attack strength was all that mattered; I hadn't learned to appreciate the power of speed yet.

Since then I've probably played through the game 7 or 8 more times and now I'm much more partial to Haschel and Meru, but I do still like Albert as well. Meru has the unfortunate drawback that you can't start developing her until the second disc, and you won't get her crazy strong addition until much later in the game, so I'm not against going with Albert instead of her.

I've never had the patience to use Miranda though. The game is easy enough that item healing is sufficient, so I've never been able to justify using her.
Mankind united with infinitely greater purpose in pursuit of war than he ever did in pursuit of peace.

Master_Norris69
2 months ago#5
Lavits/Albert are freaking solid for a first time play through (and additional ones). Rose storm is very good for new players and Lavbert can get his final addition midway in disc one! Which makes him crazy strong early game.

User Info: Moomba33

Moomba33
2 months ago#6
I like rotating characters when I play.
I remember finishing the game the first time with Miranda and Rose in my party. Meru and Rose are my favourite party members to beat the game with now but I still use everyone a bit on my journey through the game.
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie

User Info: C L I C K

C L I C K
2 months ago#7
Albert additions where always hard for me to pull off
I like kongol alot for some reason so i always use him and switch between hatchel and rose for 3rd party member
Empty your mind...be like water..
You vs. World = Life

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
2 months ago#8
mattmonster1991 posted...

my first run was super hard at 12 years old albert kongol with no equipment or additions lol i didnt realize u could use equipment and additions i only use potions ect kongol was always dying fast

Yeah I didn't know I could use other additions So I Doubled Slashed everything. Had pretty poor equipment, but I did get new weapons.

These days I generally just replay the game with a combination of Meru Shana Haschel. I've played it with every party combination outside of Kongol who I really don't like in gameplay or in the story.

Might replay with the "OG" team of Dart Shana Albert soon.
PSN: ToveriJuri

Master_Norris69
2 months ago#9
ToveriJuri posted...
mattmonster1991 posted...

Yeah I didn't know I could use other additions So I Doubled Slashed everything. Had pretty poor equipment, but I did get new weapons.

These days I generally just replay the game with a combination of Meru Shana Haschel. I've played it with every party combination outside of Kongol who I really don't like in gameplay or in the story.

Might replay with the "OG" team of Dart Shana Albert soon.

D: But the gold Dragoon is so sick looking! I mean, it's worthless but still.

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
2 months ago#10
My party tends to be Dart/Albert/Rose, Dart/Haschel/Rose, or Dart/Albert/Haschel.

I rely heavily on additions throughout most of the game, mainly to build them up and attempt to learn the final additions without too much additional grinding by the end. Mainly only use Dragoons for certain bosses, same with attack items.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. how do you guys play?
  • Topic Archived