• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Man, what a game this was!

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
9 months ago#11
SpaceshipDragon posted...
s***uruKuwabara posted...
f*** disc 2

Nah... Worth it for Fletz alone. Nothing says "Legend of Dragoon" to me more than that theme.

Same, the Fletz/Bale music is so, so good. I love Fletz in general, it's easily my favorite city in the game. I love the blue & white color schemes of the buildings, and how it has a lot to do with stars, since I liked space related things since I was a kid =3 It may be really hot there but I'd still love to live there if I had a chance to live anywhere in Endiness. Plus, imagine how beautiful it and the surrounding area probably became after Nello (hopefully) succeeded in his dream!
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: SpaceshipDragon

SpaceshipDragon
9 months ago#12
Same! Disc one is crazy epic and would almost be a game in itself. But when you pop in disc 2 and see Fletz, which is so exotic and colorful compared to anywhere else we've been before, and you see Lloyd and the music kicks in, only then do you realize what a ride you're about to go on and it's barely started.

WindMouseHanpan
9 months ago#13
SpaceshipDragon posted...
Same! Disc one is crazy epic and would almost be a game in itself. But when you pop in disc 2 and see Fletz, which is so exotic and colorful compared to anywhere else we've been before, and you see Lloyd and the music kicks in, only then do you realize what a ride you're about to go on and it's barely started.

I know, right!? When I was a kid, I spent so long on disc 1 I actually forgot there were other discs. I thought Doel was the final boss. Imagine my surprise when it told me to insert disc 2, and I realized, this journey was only just beginning...

Actually, I think I knew about the other discs, but thought they were just bonuses or other stories entirely. It may have been my first multi disc game. I remember being really surprised, and excited, when I came to the realization it was all one massive game, one huge journey. I'm not sure, it's one of the two. :D But I know for certain I thought the journey was over when I beat Doel, so that was an amazing surprise for me when it wasn't and everyone arrived at Fletz, perusing Lloyd.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
9 months ago#14
Hey it's Hanpan!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlLhw1mtCFA

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
9 months ago#15
@SpaceshipDragon You forgot

An optional quest to take out the Wingly even stronger than the infamous Melbu Frahma!

And

An optional quest to take down the Divine Dragon, with his true power unleashed...as a restless spirit!
"Yes, you can!"
Good to know Jimmy KEN still sounds obnoxious in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory >_>

WindMouseHanpan
9 months ago#16
Master_Norris69 posted...
Hey it's Hanpan!

Yup! I wasn't too active around here for a bit, but I'm here now :D

SpaceshipDragon
9 months ago#17
NeoRyujinZ posted...
@SpaceshipDragon You forgot

An optional quest to take out the Wingly even stronger than the infamous Melbu Frahma!

And

An optional quest to take down the Divine Dragon, with his true power unleashed...as a restless spirit!

You're right! I didn't even fight Faust on my first playthrough as a kid, never could figure out that circular warp puzzle. But the idea that he's far stronger than Melbu is badass!

SpaceshipDragon
9 months ago#18
WindMouseHanpan posted...

I know, right!? When I was a kid, I spent so long on disc 1 I actually forgot there were other discs. I thought Doel was the final boss. Imagine my surprise when it told me to insert disc 2, and I realized, this journey was only just beginning...

Actually, I think I knew about the other discs, but thought they were just bonuses or other stories entirely. It may have been my first multi disc game. I remember being really surprised, and excited, when I came to the realization it was all one massive game, one huge journey. I'm not sure, it's one of the two. :D But I know for certain I thought the journey was over when I beat Doel, so that was an amazing surprise for me when it wasn't and everyone arrived at Fletz, perusing Lloyd.

That's hilarious. So back in the day I got the original version of the game with the colored discs. Over time my discs started falling out of the box case each time I opened it, and as a kid I decided the best thing was to tape them in. Then one day I go to remove the disc and the tape tears off a giant strip of the paint on top of the disc. For some reason this caused the disc to not read anymore. So I could only play disc one over and over, and eventually I got the greatest hits version so I could use the disc 2 from that.

So it was a bummer too because the greatest hits discs are painted black and white, which isn't nearly as cool.

User Info: mblosen

mblosen
9 months ago#19
That disc stopped working because the laser has bounce of the label to be read by the player. Scratches on the label make it harder for a player to read a disc than scratches on the bottom of the disc.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Man, what a game this was!
  • Topic Archived