Did this always bother anybody else? *SPOILER*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Did this always bother anybody else? *SPOILER*

User Info: 5starx

5starx
9 months ago#1
I'm sure any number of people have posted about this here over the years, but did the fact that Haschel never outright told Dart they were related ever bother anyone else? I always wished the story had fully tied that loose end even going further into the fact that it was Rose as the "Black Monster" responsible for her death.

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
9 months ago#2
Honestly, I didn't pick up on the fact that Haschel was Dart's grandfather until a few playthroughs in. Years ago, I didn't really pick up on or pay attention to the more subtle or finer details of a story haha. I might not have even fully realized it until someone mentioned it.

That said, my current viewpoint on it is...it's okay the way it is. i kind of like that they don't outright say it, and give the player all the information they need to piece it together themselves. I imagine that after the journey was over, Haschel did eventually tell Dart, at some point.

As for how quickly Dart forgave Rose, that was always a bit jarring to me. Destroyed his hometown, killed his mother, and possibly tens of thousand of innocent people over the course of 11,000 years...and he's basically just like "We're cool, you're on our side!". I know Rose was doing it for the greater good, but the very fact that she was responsible for his hometown's destruction and mother's death should have made it a much more difficult process to forgive her.

If they ever remake this game (What a dream, eh?) then this is definitely something they could elaborate on and go deeper into. Preferably with an actual boss battle against her instead of just a cutscene (that duel in the desert).
Come check out Iido's Gaming Den for let's plays 'n other stuff! Tons 'n tons 'o games! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: Yagaron21

Yagaron21
9 months ago#3
The characters figure it out on the 4th disc at the same time. On the moon there is a scene where Claire is running away and Dart and Haschel both recognize here and Rose tells Dart that Claire doesn't recognize him yet because she's just a kid.

User Info: eidolon24

eidolon24
9 months ago#4
Haschel is cool like that. Dart too. And Rose.

But in the case of Dart, it's not even the case of his parents that should be addressed. I mean, how could they trust Rose when she didn't even hesitate to kill Shana? Wouldn't they at least question the loyalty of Rose to the group? You'd think she'd hesitate a bit since Shana became her companion for two chapters. But Rose is cool like that. And so is everybody else. They're all like 'f*** it. That's in past. Let's focus on saving the world.'
"I believe that stories are written and read to rebel against the fact that you only live once."

Yagaron21
9 months ago#5
What bothers me though is Haschel looking for Claire. You have to figure Claire was around 18-20 when Dart was born. At the start of the game, we can figure out based on clues in the game and some simple math that dart is 23. So why is That as hell running around looking for his grown-ass daughter (who would be in her 40's) like she's a runaway teenager?!??

User Info: Acher91

Acher91
9 months ago#6
Yagaron21 posted...
What bothers me though is Haschel looking for Claire. You have to figure Claire was around 18-20 when Dart was born. At the start of the game, we can figure out based on clues in the game and some simple math that dart is 23. So why is That as hell running around looking for his grown-ass daughter (who would be in her 40's) like she's a runaway teenager?!??

...what are you talking about? Why does it matter how old she is? He still wants to find her.

User Info: God_of_Magic

God_of_Magic
9 months ago#7
Yagaron21 posted...

You don't have children, I see.
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
9 months ago#8
Yagaron21 posted...

It doesn't matter how old she is. She's his daughter, and she ran away because of him. His guilt at how he had handled the situation is what drove him to find her, to make things right.
Come check out Iido's Gaming Den for let's plays 'n other stuff! Tons 'n tons 'o games! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

Yagaron21
9 months ago#9
^ should be Haschel not as Hell lol
Autocorrect strikes again...

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
9 months ago#10
I would like to add to the conversation.

Double Punch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlLhw1mtCFA
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Did this always bother anybody else? *SPOILER*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived