• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Who is your favourite character? (Of course POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

User Info: blendtheman

blendtheman
5 years ago#1
Favourite playable character? - Results (125 votes)
Dart
13.6% (17 votes)
Shana
4.8% (6 votes)
Lavitz
16.8% (21 votes)
Rose
24% (30 votes)
Albert
8% (10 votes)
Haschel
8% (10 votes)
Kongol
4.8% (6 votes)
Meru
17.6% (22 votes)
Miranda
2.4% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm sure this has been hundreds of times but I figured why not.

Also, this poll isn't just about your fav to use in battle but your favourite character overall, whether its because of their look, involvement in the story, additions, weapon they use, etc. Also if you want in your post explain why they are your fav and also which character is your least favourite.
Currently working on 3rd play through of Legend of Dragoon...first since mid-2000s.
You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you.

blendtheman
5 years ago#2
Oh yeah, mine is Albert. I've always thought the travelling King was the coolest, mostly because of his dialogue throughout disc 2 and I like his weapon/additions.

My least favourite is Haschel everything about him bugs me from his clothes to his weapon to his voice during his additions.
Currently working on 3rd play through of Legend of Dragoon...first since mid-2000s.

User Info: talksalot006

talksalot006
5 years ago#3
GO TEAM ALBERT!

I mean, he has a freaking cape . How do you get any cooler than that?

To be honest, I understand the logical/story line/emotional importance of Lavitz but when I got Albert and he had that cape, and he was swooshing around all over the place I was like "f*** yea"

Although, later on when I wasn't 8 years old and I was playing the story, I did (almost) shed a tear for Lavitz on his deathbed.

Then Al came in and I got happier.
That is my theory. talksalot of the LoD board of GameFAQs is, in fact, without a shadow of a doubt, the very apex of our universe as we know it. -Cable

User Info: Zadios765

Zadios765
5 years ago#4
talksalot006 posted...
GO TEAM ALBERT!

I mean, he has a freaking cape . How do you get any cooler than that?

To be honest, I understand the logical/story line/emotional importance of Lavitz but when I got Albert and he had that cape, and he was swooshing around all over the place I was like "f*** yea"

Although, later on when I wasn't 8 years old and I was playing the story, I did (almost) shed a tear for Lavitz on his deathbed.

Then Al came in and I got happier.

Let's be honest I think we all shed a tear for Lavitz
Be excellent to each other...Party on Dudes-wise words of Bill and Ted

User Info: Zadios765

Zadios765
5 years ago#5
I voted Lavitz the guy was your bro till the end I always make sure he's in my party no matter what for the first disc

A close second would be dart because his theme is awesome and swords are my favorite weapon also when I was a kid he was my favorite just because he was red
Be excellent to each other...Party on Dudes-wise words of Bill and Ted

blendtheman
5 years ago#6
I wonder if anyone's favourite is Kongol. It not like people don't like him but its hard to see him being anyone's top character. I was disappointed about Lavitz right up until I used Albert, then I was kinda happy watching that cape flow.

User Info: talksalot006

talksalot006
5 years ago#7
^^

Although, as far as the LoD cast goes Kongol is somewhat....bland and empty. He's there, he fills in that kind of "brawn" to everyone else's "brains" in terms of dialogue but otherwise....he's just kinda there.

Now do know that there are some elements to Kongol to which I'm not attuned, his loyalty towards Dart for example is something that I dind't pick up on until recently. So I'm not being a total insular meanie, there is a lot of room for me to be wrong.
That is my theory. talksalot of the LoD board of GameFAQs is, in fact, without a shadow of a doubt, the very apex of our universe as we know it. -Cable

User Info: Rogue_Dragoon

Rogue_Dragoon
5 years ago#8
My favorite is Rose (yes, even though she doesn't have a cape like Albert...). Her whole backstory is pretty interesting and probably makes her the least heroic hero I've ever seen in the history of history. You definitely see that weigh on her at different moments throughout the story. Also, as we all know, she doesn't like the word "dude." So, that's probably the main reason she's my favorite character.

Honorable mention goes to Dart for his theme song, Haschel for being a funny old man, and Lavitz for the hilarity that is the scene at his mom's house (and the fact that he thinks he should give Dart love advice).

User Info: Aigonroth

Aigonroth
5 years ago#9
Rose is my favorite character in the game always will be as well.

She fits in with the story perfectly, unlike so many other "ancient warrior" types she actually shares the information she knows with the party. Also while she falls waaaaaaaay behind in utility later in the game, I do not care, I still use her for plot reasons, fragility ain't a hard thing to fix.
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.

blendtheman
5 years ago#10
Yeah Rose is probably number 2 on my list, one of the best RPG characters, story wise, ever.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Who is your favourite character? (Of course POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived