The Kingpin appreciation topic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingpin: Life of Crime
  3. The Kingpin appreciation topic.

User Info: Brad_Da_Man

Brad_Da_Man
12 years ago#1
Man, this game is a classic. How can the board have no topics?!

I hereby declare this topic to name all your favourite Kingpin moments.
---
"The enigma that is Brad Da Man" - ReturnOfPK2
"Brad is the epitome of all that is cool in this world, 'Da Man', if you will." - Masamune3

User Info: Macapa

Macapa
12 years ago#2
Tom: Bradless
Brad: Yes Tomless?

My favorite Kingpin moment was the part with the trains. You had to boogie for your life. I like playing online, but KP is starting to fad out. Some people don't know how to configure to play online, some people get themselves killed easily, etc. Some have trouble installing/playing on XP. Thats why it's fading out.
So there are Kingpin Fans Bradley, just wait and stick around. Bronson dude, or erhm, Mr.X something something will probably take a look here.
Later Bradless :P
Why do most girls go out with guys who are mean to them? Why do popular kids pass Exams when they don't know anything? Nothing makes sense anymore

User Info: vormis

vormis
12 years ago#3
I was playing this game last night for the first time in 3 years.

I can't get it to work on Gamespy, for some reason it says I don't have the mmclient, eventhough I do and I have Gamespy set up to load the mmclient.exe file.

Saying that, this is the best online fps ever, in my opinion. I got it to work on a private UK server I found.

My Brother and I used to play this game about 6 hours a day on Heat until that closed! The nostalgia this game has is awesome!

Now, to find a game where there are no cheats....
ODMB News Anchor/Unarmed Security Guard w/ Pepper Spray

User Info: Xanarki

Xanarki
12 years ago#4
I suggest just using Gamespy Lite (in the Kingpin shortcut folder).

Just a month ago, about 9 topics were here, but the topics faded away.

And yes Mac, I'm still here.
I wont change this part of sig until the Indians win the world series! - 01/07/05
NINE INCH NAILS: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=918026

User Info: Macapa

Macapa
12 years ago#5
mmclient.exe file thingy, that is the Monkey Mod... It's an anti cheat, basically you download the newest version, stick it in with your kingpin exe, make a shortcut and launch mmclient.exe file thingy instead of your kingpin executable.

You can add Sever IPs in your config file, so you can bypass gamespy. I usuallly do that.
Why do most girls go out with guys who are mean to them? Why do popular kids pass Exams when they don't know anything? Nothing makes sense anymore

User Info: vormis

vormis
12 years ago#6
I did exactly as instructed. Downloaded the mmclient and put it in my kingpin directory. Doesn't work!

I can usually get into games by using the ip address for the server. Anyone know of any that usually have people in them?
ODMB News Anchor/Unarmed Security Guard w/ Pepper Spray

Xanarki
12 years ago#7
194.159.164.171:31510 - Demon UK (Deathmatch)
216.234.116.11:31535 - Hogie's East Coast (Bagman)
216.234.116.11:31510 - Detropolis Custom Maps (Deathmatch)
68.15.130.28:31510 - {NEW}East (KP2 MOD Deathmatch)

Go into the address book in the multiplayer options in the game. Paste these IPs in those slots in there. Also, make sure you have the command line (when you press ~). It helps a lot.
I wont change this part of sig until the Indians win the world series! - 01/07/05

User Info: Brad_Da_Man

Brad_Da_Man
12 years ago#8
Ugh, Bradley *shudders*

I actually haven't played this online.. Might check out the online scene on the weekend.
---
"The enigma that is Brad Da Man" - ReturnOfPK2
"Brad is the epitome of all that is cool in this world, 'Da Man', if you will." - Masamune3

User Info: VentureGamer

VentureGamer
12 years ago#9

Im thinking of getting this game. What do you do in the online mode?

Xanarki
12 years ago#10
Bagman - Steal money or collect it and take it back to your safe
Deathmatch - Everyone for themself
Team Deathmatch - One team against the other
CTF - Capture the flag

There are a few others as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingpin: Life of Crime
  3. The Kingpin appreciation topic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived