• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jagged Alliance 2
  3. were can i get this game????

User Info: KINGRERUN

KINGRERUN
11 years ago#1
i have been looking everywhere in stores to find jagged2 but i still cannot find n i really do not wanna give my credit card to some random internet company. if some 1 can help me i would be very thankful.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
11 years ago#2
Outside of the usual (eBay, Amazon) can't you get this directly from Strategyfirst games? (do NOT get the STEAM download version -- it may contain fatal errors that prevent you from advancing after a certain point in the game)
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

User Info: SpaceAgeSamurai

SpaceAgeSamurai
11 years ago#3
Well, you can get the game directly from Strategy First (start looking, here: http://strategyfirst.com/en/games/JaggedAlliance2Gold/ ), but they don't sell a boxed version, anymore, only a downloadable one... which may or may not be a problem, but it certainly deserves mention.

I would also second the warning against downloading it from Steam. If nothing else, the Steam version's had a notorious bug, for the longest time, that keeps the game from ever deducting money from your account, effectively eliminating the need to worry about things like earning money and managing your finances... which kind of kills the whole game. (The game has cheat codes if you really want the money, but the rest of us like to be able to play the game the way it was intended.)

They've been talking about fixing that bug forever (it is exclusive to their version, after all), but as far as I know they're still dragging their feet on the issue. Maybe they've finally gotten around to it, by now, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
"If you're stupid, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

User Info: kaerius

kaerius
11 years ago#4
You can't mod the steam version either, which means no 1.13, no UC, etc.

1.13 is excellent, bordering on must-have.

User Info: kaiden113

kaiden113
11 years ago#5
Every once in a while, Strategy First releases JA2 Gold BOXED in a gamepack. The last was the Conquest 6-Pack which included JA2 GOLD, including Unfinished Business, and WildFire.

You may still be able to order that pack. If not, wait 6+ months or so and they'll do the same thing again. This is the 3rd time they have released a CD version of JA2 since Wildfire IIRC.

You can get the steam version to work, but it takes alot of effort, and while using the 1.13 executable fixes alot of the steam bugs, there still seem to be some sound and video issues. I know a few people who have managed to get 1.13 fully working with steam.

The previous download version however, did not work at all, that was through Trymedia. That version is completely un-moddable.
  1. Boards
  2. Jagged Alliance 2
  3. were can i get this game????
  • Topic Archived