• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hexen
  3. Best Character Class?

User Info: Hotsuma_San

Hotsuma_San
10 years ago#1
I decided to replay this game over my winter break and just entered the Necropolis. Anyways, I was wondering if people felt there was a "best" class in terms of weapons / armor / speed, etc. I've always played as a Cleric and feel the class is the best, perhaps even broken. A few reasons:

- MAJOR advantage to the Cleric are his flechettes. The gas they leave behind is deadly and extremely useful when fighting the shield enemies (lost the guidebook so no idea of the name). Oftentimes one flechette will take out three enemies.

- Serpent staff heals you when you use it as a melee weapon and uses very little mana as a ranged weapon

- Wrathverge is the best final weapon.

- Speed, Armor, Magic all average, which doesn't help him or hurt him.

- Firestorm isn't a terribly good weapon, but it isn't bad either.

All that being said, I'd rank the characters as such:

Cleric
Warrior
Mage

I like all the characters, but feel the Mage lacks in a lot of areas. He has the worst flechette power, his second weapon is arguably the worst weapon in the game, and his final weapon is not very good for clearing areas like the Wrathverge or the Quietis is. The Warrior does not need to worry about mana like the Mage does (as his weapons do not need to consume mana, but still retain much of their power) so the Warrior is more free to use his final weapon frequently. The Warrior also has amazing defense and speed, which helps a great deal. The Mage's starting weapon is the best because it is a ranged weapon which does not require mana. The Mage arguably has the best third weapon.

This is how I would rank the characters, and I have played on the final difficulty when mana conservation is extremely important. Any comments?
(`._.Monster Hunter Veteran._.)
bhaalspawn can kiss my ass. Like it now?

User Info: Hotsuma_San

Hotsuma_San
10 years ago#2
I still feel the same way. Too bad people don't frequent this board...
(`._.Monster Hunter Veteran._.)
bhaalspawn can kiss my ass. Like it now?
  1. Boards
  2. Hexen
  3. Best Character Class?
  • Topic Archived