• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disney's Hercules Action Game
  3. What does collecting the letters in "HERCULES" do?

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
5 months ago#1
I've read in the manual that doing so grants you a "continue", but I don't know what that means. It can't just be giving you an extra life, since the vases you collect already do that. Even when I managed to collect the first level's letters, they didn't seem to do anything when I finished the stage.

...I'm playing the PC version, for what it's worth.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
5 months ago#2
I haven't played this game for over 20 years, but isn't it like in many other old platformers that you can use a continue after running out of lives? Usually lives puts you back at the beginning of a level or at a checkpoint, while continues pushes you further back like to the beginning of a world, plus in games that keep track of points and such things they're usually reset.

Also, does vases really give you an extra life? According to TVtropes the vases are more used as a save system in that you're given a password at the end of that level.
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
  1. Boards
  2. Disney's Hercules Action Game
  3. What does collecting the letters in "HERCULES" do?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Invincibility cheat? General1 Answer