• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GoldenEye 007
  3. How do you guys beat the control level?

User Info: Lilisphere

Lilisphere
6 years ago#1
I haven't played in a very long long time, but I always remember keeping Natalya from getting killed was a nightmare for me. That hacking sequence....

Any easy way to stop her from being shot at?

User Info: TyVulpine

TyVulpine
6 years ago#2
I destroy all the tables except for the one she goes to, then get her, then I position myself under the map or halfway between the stairs. I don't destroy the glass on either side, so if/when a guard positions themselves there, I'll be able to hear the glass breaking.
Dream Address DA-6517-3174-1702

User Info: peach freak

peach freak
6 years ago#3
I don't like protecting her near the computers. What I normally do is go upstairs and sit in front of the two staircases (the one that goes up to the Body Armor and the one that goes down below you). From there, stand behind the square railing to give yourself some protection from the guards.

The guards that come from upstairs will go for Natalya, so keep your eye on that staircase. The guards that come from downstairs will go for you. Sometimes, you'll get unlucky and guards will spawn in the areas to your left and right (where the mainframes are). These guards go after you, so keep looking to the left and right during the shootout. Some guards will even come through that door that goes back to the start of the level.

By camping out up there, you can keep track of all the guards. One thing I don't like about remaining down where Natalya is that you never know when one of those glass panes is going to break. Causes my heart to skip a beat when I hear it. By staying upstairs, you can kill the guards before they ever get close to Natalya.
Manny Ramirez *24* 2001-2008
Thanks for the memories man.

User Info: ChaseXtreme

ChaseXtreme
6 years ago#4
peach freak posted...
I don't like protecting her near the computers. What I normally do is go upstairs and sit in front of the two staircases (the one that goes up to the Body Armor and the one that goes down below you). From there, stand behind the square railing to give yourself some protection from the guards.

Doesn't Natalya say, "James, I need cover for this!" and not work on computer if you leave her?

The guards that come from upstairs will go for Natalya, so keep your eye on that staircase. The guards that come from downstairs will go for you.

An easy way to tell is the ones wearing hats. Hat wearing guards target you, others target her.

User Info: ChaseXtreme

ChaseXtreme
6 years ago#5
My tips:
-After first blast door, there are four guards waiting to shoot you behind metal crates. Rush past them and pick up remotes mines. Hopefully they will have thrown grenades and kill themselves. There are four of them so listen to how many die if it happens. When one dies, sometime another guard will toss another grenade. Sometimes this doesn't happen. You have to peak around corner

-You have eight remote mines on 007 mode. You only need five. There are six mainframes and one is in a room with drone guns. Blow up the desks nearby it by shooting the part of the desk closest to the mainframe. Both explosions from tables will destroy it without having to use a mine. Where to use the extra mines:
1: On locked blast door after you exit cave area. This will kill three guards on other side of door. You'll run through this hallway later after the protecting Natalya sequence and this eliminates three of the four guards in here.
2: On locked blast door guarding last mainframe. This will kill one of the guards and when you leave the area and return, the other guard will be waiting for you outside the door. Now there won't be any guards in the room when you destroy last mainframe.
3: On elevator looking door to kill the guard on other side.

-For mainframes next to black glass: Place the mines on the floors next to mainframes on opposite sides of breaking glass. This will prevent the glass near it shattering making the objective of protecting Natalya a little easier.

-When protecting Natalya, wait under big screen so you can look up at catwalks. Get close to kill guards easier ones they make it downstairs. You can also try to shoot them before they make it. Guards with hats on shoot you, guards without shoot her.

-If you complete that objective and are weakened, go to elevator looking door (there will be a guard right on other side but at close range so he's easy to kill, unless you used an extra mine explained earlier) and go to end of room. Behind the lockers there is another set of body armor.

-Make sure you don't exit level until it says "Objective A" completed because sometimes Natalya takes a minute or so to get back to her elevator.

User Info: Lilisphere

Lilisphere
6 years ago#6
Okay thanks Chase.

User Info: peach freak

peach freak
6 years ago#7
ChaseXtreme posted...
Doesn't Natalya say, "James, I need cover for this!" and not work on computer if you leave her?

If you get too far away, yes. I believe the whole timer stops when that happens (which uninterrupted, seems to be around 2 minutes). However, standing behind that square railing in front of the staircases won't trigger that message, and you should be fine. I think standing directly in front of the staircases is too far for her, though. Only go there if you need to quickly collect ammo from all the guards you've dropped.

It's that time in which I'm thankful guards can't shoot over railings in the game, and they need to take the time to go around them to start shooting at you.

An easy way to tell is the ones wearing hats. Hat wearing guards target you, others target her.

Yeah, I know the hat rule of thumb too. All non-hatted guards do come from the very highest floor though, so that's why I keep the attention on that staircase. Occasionally, a hatted guard will come from up there, but the ones without hats that come down do take priority.

Also, one other thing about staying where the computers are is that once a glass pane breaks, you won't hear it again, which means that if another guard goes to where the broken glass is, they can shoot freely at Natalya, with no warning in advance. And for you, that means you really need to stay on your toes once a glass pane is broken.
Manny Ramirez *24* 2001-2008
Thanks for the memories man.
(message deleted)

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
6 years ago#9
I like to put mines close to the mainframes near Boris, on the other side of the glass walls.
This way I can trigger them if there are many guards close to them at some point, which will of course also blow up the mainframes at the same time.
Hello.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. GoldenEye 007
  3. How do you guys beat the control level?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A