• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Flying Dragon
  3. "Special Treasure Busters"

User Info: Tim_Seraphim

Tim_Seraphim
1 year ago#11
I got my Ring of Genie from the shop after buying/selling a long time. My Ryumaou has it maxed, but I don’t see an extra ability. Are you sure that icon isn’t the special buster the metal version has?
RPGs Beat 2019:
Dragon Quest II (GBC), Grandia (PSX), & Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)

User Info: Juganon

Juganon
1 year ago#12
No idea XD maybe it is.
You got it from the shop! Lucky you XD!
I guess I'm gonna focus on the last characters and come back to this later. Let's try Robo no Hana!

Juganon
1 year ago#13
Charm Card of Hermit:
Ougifuji (1) Prevents Secret Busters.

This item has a Special Secret Buster that becomes available for a character only when you have it at level max with this character and you also have the Fake Crown of Dragon King at level max with the same character (no need to equip the Fake Crown of Dragon King though).
The effect costs (1) but I don't know what it does. It probably does something similar to the normal effect (the computer just does not use Secret Busters when it is activated...).
In pause screen, a second picture below the one of the Charm appeared and when I press the corresponding C button for a few seconds and then release it, my character jumps back (just like when you normally activate the Charm) but the noise it makes is different.
The normal effect and the special effect of the Charm can be activated simultaneously. Then, 2 pictures of the Charm appear above the Secret Buster gauge.

Juganon
1 year ago#14
It is weird but it seems that every item's Special Secret Buster has a trigger being that another item must be at level max...
For example,
The Special Secret Buster of Crystal of Monk is available only when your character also has the Bulletproof Jacket at level max (no need to equip it).
The Special Secret Buster of Charm Card of Hermit is available when your character also has the Fake Crown of Dragon King at level max (no need to equip it).

By the way, the Fake Crown of Dragon King doesn't have a Special Secret Buster at this point XD...

Tim_Seraphim
1 year ago#15
That’s totally weird. Does the charm card buster work with a regular Crown of Dragon King?
RPGs Beat 2019:
Dragon Quest II (GBC), Grandia (PSX), Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64), Final Fantasy IX (PSX)

Juganon
1 year ago#16
No I tried but it was only when I got the Fake one at level max that I could use the special effect

Juganon
1 year ago#17
Something about the Stop Watch.
Normal effect: Stop!!! (3) Stop Your Opponent From Moving. (Your opponent is unable to move for a few seconds, just like what does Metal Shouryu).
I already knew that this item had a Special Secret Buster from the pause screen when fighting an opponent who has it.

I decided to level up this item with Yuka from level 0. And, for some reason, during my first fight, the Special Secret Buster was already available O_O. So I tested it...

(6) Restart the round (disposable).

XD it was really surprising! After I released the C button, the round just restarted with full health for both characters and 3 Secret Buster Stocks. And... Unfortunately the Stop Watch was gone TT...

I had to beat again Metal Bokuchin in 2 rounds in normal difficulty to get it back.
And then, no more Special Secret Buster (either with Yuka or Bokuchin)...
I don't know what happened. Probably a glitch.

I will level it up and see if I can use this weird Special effect again ;)
(edited 1 year ago)

Juganon
1 year ago#18
XD I just observed the same as I did with Yuka but with Suzaku.
I started a fight and the special effect was there.
I could restart a round by using all my 6 stocks.
Very useless but very funny XD

Tim_Seraphim
1 year ago#19
It could be useful, I guess, if you’re about to lose the fight and need a restart.
RPGs Beat 2019:
Dragon Quest II (GBC), Grandia (PSX), Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Battle of Olympus (NES)
  1. Boards
  2. Flying Dragon
  3. "Special Treasure Busters"
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A